PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 08:14 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: HTC Overheating Defect > HTCs ANSWER last post

too hot to touch, my a**, first if it was so hot it was lterally burning you, itd be over 160 degress, your battery(which you claim is whats hot) would incinerate or explode at those temps... again, its the radios causing the heat, change em up, some do reduce it...

i dont know why people buy such high end phones and either activate it on a carrier that doesnt offer insurance, or dont buy the insurance at all.... its your own fault if you get stuck with high costs for repairs then
Old 07-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Lurker

jsjohnson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I will post this on any forum thread pertaining to HTC screens with a delamination issue (My touch pro is suffering now):
POST THE COMPLAINT VIA HTC's WEBSITE EVEN IF YOUR CARRIER AGREES TO FIX THE HANDSET!
The US site for HTC support is http://www.htc.com/us/CS_Mail.aspx each country will have their own support site. HTC tech reps and cust service reps are physically and virtually separated (communications are bad between the groups). The only way to get this issue remedied properly is to FLOOD HTC with inquiries about this problem. HTC has asked that we do this and document the issue with 2-3 pics per inquiry. Be sure to mention that there are hundreds of individual posts indicating this is widespread and that some people have discussed the possibility of a class action suit. Don't screw yourself and others with inactivity, please submit your concerns to get this issue logged and recalled/fixed. Thanks.

Jason
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This issue sucks as it happened to me a few months ago.
HTC asked me to send my Diamond in but Sprint took care of the problem for me with a replacement with no deductible.
I have TEP but did not have to use it. It was handled as a warranty issue.
Hopefully the separation issue won't happen again but I have a feeling it will occur in the future.
It appears that other devices with touch screens from other manufacturers are having the same
issues.
Examples are the Samsung Instinct and Blackberry devices.
This is what I was told by a Sprint store rep.

Last edited by Biker1; 07-17-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Lurker

jsjohnson is a n00b

So this is happening again to my previously repaired TouchPro. My phone came back from the last repair (two weeks away from me mind you) with a non-functional LED near the earpiece speaker, and a non-functioning accelerometer. Multiple conversations with HTC and a supervisor intervention and I never got a call back to fix the issue. Fast forward 6 months (January) and the screen is delaminating again. HTC's first response is "excessive pressure". So here's what I said when I demanded to speak to a supervisor.

A) Isn't it just a bit odd that the newton ring is in the center of the screen only? I mean seriously, how many apps require you to touch the center of the screen?
B) So you claim it was excessive pressure, please indicate the method your technician used to support that claim? Oh you can't prove it can you (didn't think so).
C) I told the supervisor it's a hard pill for a company to swallow when they have to admit they have a substandard manufacturing process or defective part (just look at Toyota this past month). That doesn't mean you automatically push the responsibility to the consumer.
D) I now can (with a fair amount of certainty) recreate the problem. The newton ring showed up right after using bluetooth and gps (while running a GPS app) while on a road trip. The phone was also plugged into the charger. Phone got hot and next day newton ring. Can HTC recreate the excessive pressure issue (didn't think so).

And to all the toolbags who suggest that we are pushing these things too hard I say eat shit. My phone cost $300 subsidized not some $10 Razr, and comes with no disclaimers of any kind to indicate that multitasking and use of GPS/Bluetooth together are an issue. If the phone can't do all these things AS ADVERTISED then I suggest that HTC do something to prevent them from all running simultaneously. Until that happens, I expect full value and functionality for what I paid for. I shouldn't have to reflash the damn thing with some cooked ROM to ensure it doesn't self destruct -that's a load of shit and you guys know it.

Another interesting comment was made by the supervisor along the lines of "this doesn't seem to be a significant problem with other TP handsets". I told the guy there are hundreds of posts online and I will continue to stress this point. I will also do whatever is in my power to ensure that consumer protection and better business bureaus are aware of the issue if they continue to deny the problem.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2
Carrier: Mobinil

Romanza is a n00b

I wonder how I didn't see this topic before I get my HTC touch pro2, I wouldn't have bought it :/ I had the same problem TWICE, the first time they fixed it under warranty but now is the second and I have to pay lots of money to fix it when I'm sure that the problem is not caused by abuse :@ :@
Old 05-28-2012, 12:34 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanza View Post
I wonder how I didn't see this topic before I get my HTC touch pro2, I wouldn't have bought it :/ I had the same problem TWICE, the first time they fixed it under warranty but now is the second and I have to pay lots of money to fix it when I'm sure that the problem is not caused by abuse :@ :@
This has been a known problem with the TP, but the TP2 is not really known for this kind of issue. To add to that considering you can ebay a used TP2 for 60-100 I dont see a need to pay a large sum to get one fixed.

What exactly do you do when it overheats?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions