PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: sprint

spiritd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How Do I get RId of THis!?

I have a Sprint HTC Touch I got in August. At the same time, my brother got an 800w. His 800w failed twice and now they gave him a new Treo Pro for free. My HTC Touch is the faultiest piece of crap ever and I want a replacement Diamond or Pro. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Can you add Asurion onto an old phone? If I got a replacement phone from Sprint (a refurb Touch) can I add Asurion onto that and if someone happens, claim it?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: How Do I get RId of THis!?

I beleive Sprint is offering an open enrollment for TEP (insurance) for the month of May.

A few things though:

1. You can always try a new rom on your Touch.
2. You can save the hassle of going through Asurion and sell your Touch. You can then put some of that money towards a new Diamond or Pro. Amazon is selling new TP's for $49.99.
3. IIRC you can only do a limited number of claims a year with Asurion...so be careful.

late,
Coz
Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond and ppc6800
Carrier: alltel, tmobile, att

gozzz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How Do I get RId of THis!?

Usually you can call Asurion directly and they will add he insurance for you on the carrier, they will just call you back at a different time, unexpectedly to see if the phone functins and will ask you if the phone works and if it has any damage. You of course say you love your phone and it is in perfect condition. Then wait for about 2 months then claim it. But thats if you can wait... I just did an insurance claim for my Vogue and got a Diamond. They said that they are all out of vogues. I ran over mine and crushed it, they said that they didnt want it back so I have a Crushed Vogue and a new phone. Oh i did this 2 weeks ago. Asurions direct number is 8887233360 i think. you can go to Asurion.com to get more info.
This is the way Alltel works might work for you! Good Luck

DEVICE: HTC Diamond (Alltel)
ROM: Mighty ROM 4R3BORN
RADIO: 1.03.03V vzw

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions