PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/6800
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

d2xville87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Alltel is Limited???

I was trying to check out some phones from Alltel, but apparently there's no service in NJ. Is Alltel still limited in NJ, i see their coverage map and it seems pretty good. i am confused?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

jaylind is a n00b
I moved from Charleston S.C. to Denver Co. and we don't have Alltel here in Denver. I just got the HTC touch and pay for the data plan. Since there are no Alltel towers here I am using Verizon.. and a Slow ass 1X connection but paying for the EVO.... Don't trust the maps. there is a statement below them stating the don't guarantee SQUAT. So I am basicly paying and xtra $20 per month for a dial up or less connection on the phone.

JAy
Old 02-07-2008, 08:35 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
There isnt an alltell here in daytona beach actually i dont think there is an alltel in florida except maybe jacksonville and i know there coverage isnt realible down here
Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: Alltel

toomany69 is a n00b
Alltel is in Florida, they are in Jacksonville and almost the complete west coast of Florida. Also they have towers in Gainesville, Tallahassee and the pan handle. I have never had any problems with the service anywhere in the US to include Hawaii. The 1X speed in not as slow as dial up it is 4 to 5 times faster than dial up with speeds for 1X of 100 to 200 kbs. EVDO is much faster. The trick is to have the correct PRL which right now for PPC670, 6800 and Touch is 30029 and could be changing soon. If you do not have this PRL your service may not work correctly.

As to the question of service in NJ, they are not up that far in the country yet. They have coverage with their own towers as far north in that area as Connecticut and growing. Maybe soon.

Last edited by toomany69; 02-07-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:40 AM
N00b

jaylind is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomany69 View Post
Alltel is in Florida, they are in Jacksonville and almost the complete west coast of Florida. Also they have towers in Gainesville, Tallahassee and the pan handle. I have never had any problems with the service anywhere in the US to include Hawaii. The 1X speed in not as slow as dial up it is 4 to 5 times faster than dial up with speeds for 1X of 100 to 200 kbs. EVDO is much faster. The trick is to have the correct PRL which right now for PPC670, 6800 and Touch is 30029 and could be changing soon. If you do not have this PRL your service may not work correctly.

As to the question of service in NJ, they are not up that far in the country yet. They have coverage with their own towers as far north in that area as Connecticut and growing. Maybe soon.

Ok new guy here. Where can I find and change these settings?

Thanks
JAy
Old 02-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: Alltel

toomany69 is a n00b
If you go to Start, Settings, System and Device information you should see the PRL. If it is not 30029 then you want to update the PRL. Since you are not in an Alltel network you need to manually update the PRL by dialing ##PRL send and it should ask you for the unlock code. In there you put 000000. Once you are in the PRL Update hit menu and select edit. The one thing you will need from Alltel is the PRL. If you call and advise that you are not in an Alltel area they can send you the PRL via e-mail. As of today the current PRL is still 30029.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
N00b

jaylind is a n00b
so my current number is 30008 so i dial ##30008(tried and this don't work) please help... (i was only being sarcastic on the dialup comment). Talking to ALLTEL now. hope they can help me.

Thanks
JAy

Last edited by jaylind; 02-08-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
N00b

jaylind is a n00b
Just got off the Phone with Alltel they told me as of 01 Feb the new # is 30031 and that I need to mail my phone off to an area that has a ALLTEL tower and enter #288. Looks like I am screwed on this one..
Old 02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
PRLs
http://www.corolada.com/prl/
Its not hard to update manually Download the PRL and save it to your SD card.Then from your phone pad dial (Sprint) ##PRL# then enter your MSL#. You will see Update PRL. Hold on that and it will pop up a Edit window. Once your in there you can browse to your SD card and find your new PRL.Choose it and follow the directions from there.I'm not sure if the ## is the same for Alltel but it should be close.

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-08-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 PM
N00b

jaylind is a n00b
Is this the program I need to get the MSL?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=prl

Also when you guys are posting ##prl and MSL# you mean this right?
If my PRL is 12345 and my MSL is 995954

So I would enter (alltel) ##12345 (send button) then a computer would ask for my unlock code I type in 000000 Now I hit MENU then EDIT (on my phones screen or over the phone line w/alltel?) Then I would enter the new PRL (30031 alltel)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions