PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Phone with a Bad ESN (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67984)

ian1210 05-09-2009 01:51 AM

Phone with a Bad ESN

If i purchase a SPRINT phone with a bad ESN will I be able to activate it on ALLTEL? Do those two companies share an ESN database of some kind? I will really like to get a sprint one with a bad ESN off ebay, as they are relatively inexpensive. Thanks for your help!

mwalt2 05-09-2009 01:55 AM

Re: Phone with a Bad ESN

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian1210 (Post 904819)
If i purchase a SPRINT phone with a bad ESN will I be able to activate it on ALLTEL? Do those two companies share an ESN database of some kind? If so, I will get a sprint one with a bad ESN off ebay. Thanks for your help!

I'm almost positive that Alltel does not care if the phone is blacklisted by Sprint. Hopefully someone else can confirm :D.

tersoth 05-09-2009 10:31 AM

will alltel care that sprint blacklisted it? no. but good luck trying to get them to add it to their database. most carriers will simply just tell you no.

ian1210 05-09-2009 11:20 AM

I thought alltel allowed other carriers ESN's on their network. Can someone else confirm this?

orionsbuckle 05-09-2009 11:27 AM

i dont know about alltel, however verizon will allow other carriers phones. and verizon bought alltel so id think alltel would adapt to this too...but idk for sure

Dr.8820 05-09-2009 11:38 AM

it depends on what made the esn bad. if it's an unpaid bill, maybe. but if it was reported lost or stolen, they won't touch it.

JQuill 05-09-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 905140)
it depends on what made the esn bad. if it's an unpaid bill, maybe. but if it was reported lost or stolen, they won't touch it.

An unpaid bill won't ever result in your device being blacklisted. The phone is your property it's illegal for them to do that. You have to do something shady to get an ESN blacklisted.

jsntrenkler 05-09-2009 01:20 PM

Blacklisted ESN = Lost / Stolen Phone ... I would not knowingly purchase a phone with a bad ESN.

acunn1 05-09-2009 06:05 PM

I wouldn't risk loosing money over a bad esn.

conflipper 05-09-2009 06:25 PM

Alltel will activate it.

I have a sprint Diamond on alltel right now and it works 100%, flash alltel rom, edit epst, and install Alltel PRI and you will have everything working.

Alltel does not care if it is sprint, Verizon, US Cellular or any other carrier ESN. I have activated all of those carriers phones on Alltel and never with a problem.

So you will be safe. Its a cheap way to get phones to :D