PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Should I change my Avatar?
Change Your Avatar! 15 60.00%
Keep it... fascism sucks anyway! 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 - TMOUS
Carrier: T-Mobile

DopeWeasel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Really?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
Hello and welcome to the PPCGeeks, a reminder from our Admin and us Mods here at PPCGeeks. We want to keep this place warm and friendly, a place were everyone can go to learn about there PPC, so please refrain from using avatars that you would not want your children or your boss to see. Remember some view this website from work and some view from home with children present so be courteous and mindful of others.

Thanks for understanding

Dave~
Sorry, but I do not understand. Just because your political views differ from mine, does not mean that my views are offensive or should somehow be controlled. In what way is a plant that can be used to treat many different medical symptoms offensive? If you ask me, what is offensive are the laws in this country that force cancer and aids patients (some of whom are our grandparents) to get their medicine from some hooded guy in a dark alley instead of in the drug store where it can be regulated and taxed.

Should luv2chill, drink14me, ImCokeMan and I all change our nicks because they could be construed as condoning illicit behavior? And what about Ya_4_Juggs and CaptainJager? My avatar says something about me and my political views, I see no reason to change it. If it were sexual or violent in nature I could understand, but it is neither.

72 percent of respondents agreed with the statement, "Adults should be allowed to legally use marijuana for medical purposes if a physician recommends it."
POLL: AARP
DATE: November 2004
Sample Size: 1,706

...see, most octogenarians are educated enough to know how offensive our marijuana laws are in this country.

How about a friendly poll to see what the people of this forum think? If in 30 days there is a 72% majority (to parallel the AARP Poll above), I will find a different avatar. EDIT: I even cast the first vote against myself to give you neo-cons a head start. :P

EDIT: Ok... due to a request, here's the original avatar. I suspect I may get more flack for the new one although it shouldn't be deemed "offensive"

Old 08-02-2007, 07:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q9c
Carrier: sprint

1oddmanout is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 1oddmanout
Keep the avatar, dude. I just hope that your publicizing an issue doesn't turn you into a 'person of interest'

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php
Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
I can certainly appreciate Big D5's point. I have seen some avatars that I as an adult found offensive. I don't think yours crosses that line, though. In the same token, the moderators of this board tend to be very fair, and his request was worded in such a way as to be sure not to offend you. For the sake of "keeping the peace," I would probably change it. That being said, I understand your point, and actually voted for you to keep it as I don't personally find it offensive.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Point taken... I don't wish any ill will towards Big D5. I guess I've always been the type of person that likes an open discussion. I respect the moderators of this forum and hope that Big D5 notices this poll and decides to participate. I would also like to thank the moderators of this forum for allowing this open and democratic community to thrive as it has.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:32 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
All plants and animals were put on this earth by God to be used, not abused, by man for his benefit. I think it says this in the Bible. Cancer patents who need this medicine for their health and well being are certainly benefiting from this plant. Those who use this as a drug to get high are abusing gods gift to us all. JUST IMO

I would not wear a marijuana leaf ball cap and T-shirt to any job interview if I relay wanted the job would you? I am very proud of the PPCGeeks I talk about the site often with my customers and co workers. I often surf this web site when I am at a customers site and would hate for my customer to walk up and see Pot Leafs floating on the screen. I would equally hate it if my 15 year old, or 5 year old were to ask me about the Pot Leafs as well.

Posting a Privet message I sent to you without my permission is bad Forum educate, shows pore judgment. If you had asked me if you could post my PM to you, and you told me what you were going to use it for I most likely would have said no. However I would have gladly debated you on the subject where we could have come to a mutually beneficial conclusion. We are now left with a problem I am forced to try to overcome in public forum. It would be unfair for me to remove your Poll at this point but I must stand my ground and ask you again to please change your Avatar. Post your Avatar in your initial post in this thread, than wait your 30 days we can discuss this further after the poll is completed.

Dave~
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Again, I think BigD5 is being very fair here. His suggestion is a very reasonable compromise. Also his point about PMs is valid also. I would recommend removing it until the poll is over and then see if you've changed your mind after that time.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
I don't find it offensive. Having said that...there are times when one must conform, or at least, refrain from letting your freak flag fly.

I'm a male who has numerous piercing in my ears. I also happen to work for a government contractor. I choose not to wear my earrings at work. Why? Because at times you have to fit in...you have to play by "the man's" rules. It hasn't compromised any aspect of my life at all.

I'm all for legalized mary jane. However, since it is currently illegal to possess, etc. I choose not to use it. I also get drug tested at work.

You have the right to free speech, etc. But that doesn't allow you to go into a movie theater and yell fire. You must temper your actions within the rules, boundaries, and expected behavior of the greater society.

That's how our society works best. Everyone is allowed to "let their freak flag fly" but you must know when and where to do it.

Now this board is quite the community...we tend to police ourselves and respect others...however if the powers that be (or "the man") say you might want to reconsider...then choose your battle and abide by "the man". There's no harm in it. You are not compromising yourself at all.

Don't try so hard to be different...just be different.

late,
Coz
Old 08-04-2007, 02:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

indoe is keeping up the good workindoe is keeping up the good work
Old 08-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Lurker

nxthome1 is a n00b
Change it and then tell me how to add an Avatar. HEE HEE

Jack
Old 08-05-2007, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wow... I didn't expect it to be this close. Not a bad response so far.

How about I change it to this pic:
http://img1.jurko.net/fa3.gif

... of course I am only kidding.

Big D5... although I do not honestly share in your religious reverence, if you are looking for verses in the Bible I have a couple for you.

Quote:
And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. -- Ezekiel 34:29

"The Lord said unto me, 'I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs.' " -- Isaiah 18:4-5

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. -- Genesis 1:29
http://www.equalrights4all.org/religious/bible.htm

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions