PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Capacative Screen- HTC lagging behind Iphone still

Why is HTC not moving to a capacative screen? I know windows has some hand writing features that need a resistive screen, but I rarely use those features. i would rather have a capacative screen.

Would anybody else like to see a capacative screen as opposed to a resistive screen? This, along with a much bigger screen, are the major advantages of the Iphone. The HTC touch was great with the bigger screen, but it was not released to the US and it has a resistive screen.

Last edited by 1999TL; 05-03-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850
Carrier: Verizon

michaelbrandonw is a n00b
Re: Capacative Screen- HTC lagging behind Iphone still

Its not HTC, its the limits behind WM. HTC does have a capacative..... its called the G1.
I think WM has finally realized that the "majority" of WM users are not using the stylus anymore. I believe we will see a full switch on WM7. That is (my opinion) why WM7 is taking so long. The MFG's need more time to adjust to the switch as well.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch> Touch Pro> Droid

pknyo is becoming a great contributor

I definatley think its a Microsoft issue. You got realize too how many applications you kinda need a stylus to get arround in (look at the default calender). WM is also many marketed at business professionals who just need a phone to stay connected, and get more work done and being able to use software that might require a stylus is a must. I know there are special styluses made for capacitive screens, but I still dont think it is as accurate as resistive screens ATM ( there is a new story on engadget about a new capacitive screen that is more scalable and accurate though). So to wrap it up its not HTC, or even Microsoft's fault its a usability issue for WM core target users.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Windows mobile doesnt support capacitive screens yet. This is being changed in wm 7 though so expect multitouch =D>
btw why dont you like resistive?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont have that much of a problem with resistive, but capacative gives better kinetic scrolling. More accurate.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I totally agree about capacitive screens, I would give ANYTHING to be able to transplant the awesome screen from my 2nd gen ipod touch into my TP.......

I'm actually posting this from the touch tethered to my TP with WMWifirouter....

~John
Old 05-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I totally agree about capacitive screens, I would give ANYTHING to be able to transplant the awesome screen from my 2nd gen ipod touch into my TP.......

I'm actually posting this from the touch tethered to my TP with WMWifirouter....

~John

LOL. WHY not just use the TP?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Because that just wouldn't make any sense.

Just to throw some crazy into the mix... how about the best of both worlds? This article I found at engadget came out back in February, and I literally danced around when I first found it. Read the article, but more importantly, watch the video of the amazing resistive screens that have been developed by Stantum.

link
Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Because no matter how you look at it Safari > * when it comes to mobile browsing
Old 05-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

Apple has flash support now if they jail break it. Iphone is pretty tight, only if you jail break. Tons of apps now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions