PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

erh1117 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Icon Issues

This is kind of an extended bump from the Omnia threads, but...

I am having difficulty getting custom icons to appear as they should. Here is what I am trying to do and what is happening.

I want to replace the standard icon for Weather Watcher on my Today screen in an Ultimate Launch tab. Currently it is a little fat guy and I want some weather related symbol. So, I downloaded a few weather icons to my PC, edited them to 32 x 32 in Irfanview, saved them as .ico files (I also tried .png files), and e-mailed these to my phone where I saved them on my storage card.

Then, I went into Ultimate Launch, added Weather Watcher to a tab, and tried to set the icon to the newly saved icon. Instead of the properly saved icon appearing, once it got to the phone, the icon that actually appeared was the red Opera logo.

I then tried in Total Commander to change the icon association to Weather Watcher and to delete the icons and start again that way, but now all new downloaded icons appear as the fat little man icon which I was trying to replace. The same thing occurs when I try to create a shortcut to Weather Watcher.

How do I get my icons to appear correctly and not associate with Weather Watcher or Opera?
Is there some software for this, a setting I missed, or something else?

Sorry for the long post. I”m a newbie.

Device: Samsung Omnia i910 (Verizon)
Old 04-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Re: Icon Issues

Did you save the .png as an .ico file with Irfanview? I'm not sure how that program saves .ico files but when I tried they didn't work right. I suggest you try a dedicated icon program to convert your .png files. I like IcoFX:

http://icofx.ro/

As for using the icon in UltimateLaunch, did you initially set up the icon as a Program Icon? If so you have to delete the icon/program from the tab and add it again as a XP-Icon. Hopefully that will fix your problem. Also, if you need any icons check out my signature.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

erh1117 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Icon Issues

popdog54, you are a genius!!!! OMG -- I've struggled for days on this simple issue. You solved it!!!

Thanks you. Thank you. Thank you.

BTW, great icons. =D>

Last edited by erh1117; 04-27-2009 at 09:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions