PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

xogh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Input lag problem

I have a problem with my HTC Mogul, and I haven't been able to find anyone else with a similar problem on the internet.

My phone running Windows Mobile 6.1 has serious lag of any input. I'm not referring to the lag that it takes for a character to show up while you're typing, I know a lot of people have that issue. My lag is basically an issue where the phone will not register about half of my inputs regardless of whether I am inputting by physical keyboard or any on screen tap. In order to get the input to register, I need to hold down the key/stylus until the input registers, but this is troublesome because 1. it's really slow and 2. I can't tell when the input will register because it's different every time so I'll often let go too early or I'll hold on too long and multiple "o"s or "5"s or what have you will register.

I know that this only happens when my phone is downloading my email, but I can't figure out why it's happening, and no one else seems to have this problem. When I have my email set to download every four hours, I almost never see this problem, but when I have it set to download every 5 minutes, I have this problem all the time, which is really annoying because I write a lot of emails, texts, and chats. I want to be able to download my email as often as I like.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this, and does anyone know what could fix this problem? I'd really appreciate any help. And sorry for this really long question.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions