PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the Pre dead compared to the new Touch Flo 3D?
Yes 4 8.89%
No 20 44.44%
What is the Pre? 5 11.11%
Not an apples to apples comparison 16 35.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nyczwillz is keeping up the good worknyczwillz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nyczwillz
Re: Is Pre dead with new Touch Flo 3D?

can't say nothing if the PRE isn't even out yet. i have high hopes for it though! too bad i have SERO.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

What hardware does it lack? It has capacitive touchscreen, physical keyboard, a high performance CPU, lots of memory, 3MP camera with LED flash, 2.1 bluetooth..... And its still pretty thin considering it has a keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgildoss View Post
i think the pre is already dead before it was even released ...to me it is more of the hardware then the OS ..any OS will work with the right eyecandy. but the lack of hardware on the pre ( i was wishing for more ) and the look of the device killed it ..reminds me of the blue angle wich to me was a very ugly phone ....as for the IPHONE the reason people like it so much is the fact of the screen size and how thin its body is..its all about the look to normal consumers ( not PPCgeeks ) you could have put WM6.1 with TF2D on the IPHONE and it would have been a big seller ....what i dont get is why a company like HTC cant make a phone thin and big screen like the iphone ? boggles my mind ...
Old 04-22-2009, 02:59 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

No the pre isnt dead. Palm might be if this phone is still full of bugs when its released. I can see all the pre-fans whining about this and that not working correctly. Oh well, WM will live!!! lol
Old 04-22-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
No the pre isnt dead. Palm might be if this phone is still full of bugs when its released. I can see all the pre-fans whining about this and that not working correctly. Oh well, WM will live!!! lol
WM will still live either way. They just need to up their game to stay competitive.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Spoke with my sprint rep ( work ) today and was told that pre has some bugs they are trying to fix and he could not give me a date for release....
Old 04-23-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
Maybe he should have added: "...that sells in the US".... That was the phone I wanted, not the Diamond 2 or even the TP2 - thought the TP looks nice.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
Maybe he should have added: "...that sells in the US".... That was the phone I wanted, not the Diamond 2 or even the TP2 - thought the TP looks nice.
You can get them in the US. My friend has one on att...

its the phone i want too, but i wont leave sprint. and for you sir... i wont give you the nice link, but i will say google "HTC Whitestone" rumor has it, that this will be a touch hd offered up by sprint.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowmilau View Post
i believe TF3D is dead when compared to SPB shell 3
I concur
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
You can get them in the US. My friend has one on att...

its the phone i want too, but i wont leave sprint. and for you sir... i wont give you the nice link, but i will say google "HTC Whitestone" rumor has it, that this will be a touch hd offered up by sprint.
No ATT for me - I need to actually use the PHONE part!

Yes, I saw Whitestone - but it is linked to VZW for Sept 2009 - not to say Sprint will not get it, but the TP2 has already popped up in a Q3 roadmap and I am sure the Diamond 2 will be out in Q4. I could see Sprint passing on this one.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
I concur
Although I am using SB3 currently and am NO fan of TF3D... it is no way it is dead. First of all TF3D is free, while SB lists for $30. Second of all the customizations to TF3D is too long to list. Too much work has been put in by users.

But it will probably die when the devices that primarily use it become obsolete (Diamond and TP) and are replaced by another HTC shell.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions