PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to yearn
RevA on custom ROMs

Hey guys, My area finally updated to RevA yesterday, But Iv noticed none of the custom ROMs Iv used have a working rA icon.
What I was wondering is if your in a rA area using a custom ROM will you still get the added speed even though your icon never changes, or does the phone stay in Ev and not recognize the rA signal?

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: RevA on custom ROMs

That's a good question. I'm in the atlanta area and just assumed we had rev A. Never seen a symbol for it, so maybe not.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:29 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
That's a good question. I'm in the atlanta area and just assumed we had rev A. Never seen a symbol for it, so maybe not.
Easiest way to tell is to flash back to stock and it will immediatly pop up an icon that says "rA".
I kinda assumed springfield,MO already had it also but they didnt untill ths morning at 1:00 am
Old 04-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can say with 99% certainty all the new custom roms out there will give you revA speeds, as long as you have a revA capable phone and are in a RevA coverage area. The cook may not have included the RevA indicator is all. Doesn't mean you don't have revA data service. On a side note, some say rA, while others have the E in the shaded box.

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
Old 04-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I found a useful sight, Georgia doesn't have REV A at all.

http://evdomaps.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
I found a useful sight, Georgia doesn't have REV A at all.

http://evdomaps.com/
Yeah, but they don't even wear shoes in Georgia and they date their cousins, so you're point is moot.

I am totally just kidding dude.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2 View Post
Yeah, but they don't even wear shoes in Georgia and they date their cousins, so you're point is moot.

I am totally just kidding dude.
Not nice I'm a Georgia Peach through and through!! Just moved away for sunshine and sandy beaches .....What is RevA?? I don't see it for us on the map, but I am curious....Thank Ya
Old 04-15-2009, 07:39 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've got Rev A on Sprint here in west michigan, and my phone has always just said Ev. Not even the stock ROM ever said rA.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I've got Rev A on Sprint here in west michigan, and my phone has always just said Ev. Not even the stock ROM ever said rA.
Same here...I've never had anything but 1x or EV.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Threadstarter

This is what the stock Alltel icon looks like, and its waaay faster than Ev!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009 04 15_19 24 49_0000_111g.jpg (40.7 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions