PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PPC / WinMo Preferences (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64874)

WildAce786 04-14-2009 08:57 AM

PPC / WinMo Preferences

Guys, I've been wondering for quite some time if there is a PPC out there that "completely satisfies" the needs of various users. Therefore, if it isn't too much trouble, would you mind listing:

1) Key features you would like in a PPC
2) Any PPCs currently in the market (or in the soon-to-be market, i.e. Touch Pro 2) that fit the bill?

**Note: I don't necessarilly want you to limit yourself to WinMo phones; Symbian, BlackBerry, Android, Palm, and even Apple (yes I know...:protest:) phones are OK.

For example, I own a Touch Pro and would prefer:

- Larger screen
- Capacitive screen
- More responsiveness (most likely due to a faster processor)
- Thinner (to complement the larger screen to make it easier to type)

Anyways, thanks for taking a look and especially if you contribute. Of course, I'll gladly THANK any who participate.

EDIT:
Damnit, I forgot to include Symbian in the Poll; I knew I was forgetting one...:(.

blasphemous_prime 04-14-2009 11:17 AM

Re: PPC / WinMo Preferences

Aditional option added!

AxeYrCat 04-14-2009 11:27 AM

I think it's difficult to compare some of the OSs that aren't even in the market yet...

I really like Palm's old, ugly interface, though.

Even though WinMo is prettier, I'm finding it much clunkier to accomplish normal tasks (seriously, what's the minimum number of clicks to go from your home screen to a non-speed-dial contact on WinMo?).

In many cases, I really miss my Palm device. :(

MoonZ*BabysH 04-14-2009 12:51 PM

i want the Interface on the Nvidia Tegra phone. man that thing is pretty. youtube it you will see.

facemob 04-14-2009 03:04 PM

well i do like palm it was nice but no multitasking

shadowfender42 04-14-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 847949)
i want the Interface on the Nvidia Tegra phone. man that thing is pretty. youtube it you will see.

Dang that is pretty sweet! Whats weird is when I was in Microcenter in the PPC area there was a PDA that had a similar UI to that. Not exactly the same (when you scrolled the panels curved out and around) but still pretty close and cool.

rafyrod 04-14-2009 03:26 PM

stability that all i asked because sometime when you needed most is when it fails you.... not all the time but i been there

hibby50 04-14-2009 03:30 PM

webos

AB33 04-14-2009 04:36 PM

Used Palm OS from 00-07 and Windows Mobile from 07-present, I have to say Windows Mobile hands down. You can do more than all the other platforms. Only the Blackberry OS has better email options since all your accounts can be "pushed" delivered, that's about it.

AB33 04-14-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildAce786 (Post 847571)
For example, I own a Touch Pro and would prefer:

- Larger screen
- Capacitive screen
- More responsiveness (most likely due to a faster processor)
- Thinner (to complement the larger screen to make it easier to type)

Anyways, thanks for taking a look and especially if you contribute. Of course, I'll gladly THANK any who participate.

Sounds like you need Mighty ROM for the responsiveness...:headbang: