PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Lurker

BushmasterSOH is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need advice

Ok, I would love to get some input on this. I currently have Alltel in rural NE Ohio. I am not sure about the whole merger thing, but am ready for a new phone. I also have one phone still in contract, so there is no switching at the time, not to mention I like the plans and pricing. I am totally new to smartphones and really think I’d like one. I currently have a Razor v3c and get reception with it everywhere I need and that is very important. The biggest need for the phone besides the voice calls is a great calendar and to do lists. I saw someones that had reminders on the home screen. Although it was nice and would be used, I’m not sure it’s needed. It will also be used for text messages and web to kill time working midnights. I get a lot of animated or picture like texts. Email is not a necessity, but am sure I’ll use it from time to time. Sync with pc is not a necessity as I don’t keep a calendar on there. Editing documents is also not a necessity. I doubt it’ll be used for music, but maybe an occasional video and tv on the web. I am sure the videos eats the battery, so what do I have to sacrifice? I have heard about apps available for phones and sure I will venture there too to play around, A LOT. I will have lots of time to play with it. It will be on almost 24/7 (used for alarm clock too), so stability is very important. I understand computers, but am far from an expert, so if there are technical things that may need done, I’m ok with it as long as I can find the answer ok with step by step instruction. I have heard a couple pros and cons for both Windows Mobile as well as BB OS. I just know I need it to work without issues/crashes. I have no experience with either system. I also have no experience with either qwerty or virtual keyboard, but think I’d like a qwerty.

From what I see at Alltel, I have three to choose from: Blackberry Curve 8330, HTC Touch Pro, and Palm Treo Pro. Any suggestion, pros and cons to them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: need advice

I guess the biggest thing for you to consider is the price. Obviously around here people are going to recommend a WM device. Even though you may not use some of the features of either WM device, they will be present. I would go with the Treo Pro, unless you decide that you want to spend a little more then get the Touch Pro. The biggest things that you would probably notice on the Touch Pro as compared to the Treo Pro are the larger/crisper VGA screen and more usable QWERTY keyboard.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions