PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering to an iPod Touch with WMWifiRouter

I know there are moral questions about tethering without paying extra for it on Sprint, but I doubt anyone could argue that a device that is basically a phone (iPod Touch) would be included in this concern. As such, is there anything special I have to do before using WMWifiRouter to give my iPod Touch 3G access? I have downloaded the last free version of it before it became commercial, but know it uses ICS and I'm not sure whether there's anything special I have to do in order to not come under scrutiny by Sprint.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:14 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Tethering to an iPod Touch with WMWifiRouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
I know there are moral questions about tethering without paying extra for it on Sprint, but I doubt anyone could argue that a device that is basically a phone (iPod Touch) would be included in this concern. As such, is there anything special I have to do before using WMWifiRouter to give my iPod Touch 3G access? I have downloaded the last free version of it before it became commercial, but know it uses ICS and I'm not sure whether there's anything special I have to do in order to not come under scrutiny by Sprint.

Thanks for the help.
WmWifiRouter works perfect to share internet to an Ipod. It is no more risky than using it to tether to a comp but thats all between you and your carrier.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work

can you help me then, i have the trial verion of wmwifirouter and tried to give 3G to my girlfriends ipod touch and to see if it even worked on my friend touch pro wifi finder. the ipod touch found it but couldnt connect and the touch pro didnt even fid it.. help please!! ;(
Old 03-28-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
WmWifiRouter works perfect to share internet to an Ipod. It is no more risky than using it to tether to a comp but thats all between you and your carrier.
Thanks. Yes, I'm asking whether there are any issues doing this with Sprint. I heard of people having to install registry tweaks to get ICS working, so I want to know what is required.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions