PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Storage Card Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62084)

BenS 03-23-2009 06:44 AM

Storage Card Issue

I have a Sprint Touch with 6.1 and a 8gb card but now all of a sudden my storage card won't delete files from it. It will go through the process of deleting them and it will show them gone but than a few moments later they re-appear. I'm wondering what may have gone wrong. I've had this card working properly for a long time but now it is acting weird. If any suggestions are out there please help!

dallas contractor 03-23-2009 07:16 AM

Re: Storage Card Issue

Can you see the files on your computer? Can you delete them from there? Also if you Resco Exployer it has a Recycle Bin make sure they are deleted there because if you delete the file with exployer it will show up in Recycle Bin

BenS 03-23-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 791732)
Can you see the files on your computer? Can you delete them from there? Also if you Resco Exployer it has a Recycle Bin make sure they are deleted there because if you delete the file with exployer it will show up in Recycle Bin

I can see them on my computer when I explore through active sync and have tried to delete them that way and also using total commander but to no avail.

CozBoogie 03-23-2009 02:03 PM

Try either MemMaid or SKTools to get at those pesky files.

late,
Coz

PocketPcUser 03-28-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenS (Post 791918)
I can see them on my computer when I explore through active sync and have tried to delete them that way and also using total commander but to no avail.

You said you tried with your computer and it still didn't work? Try to copy all files to your computer or something, and try to reformat on your device. Then, make a bunch of files for testing on your card and try to delete again.

Do you have any programs installed to SD? Do you have any today plugins or Start Menu software that links to the SD Card?
What are your installed programs?

brykass07 03-31-2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketPcUser (Post 806584)
You said you tried with your computer and it still didn't work? Try to copy all files to your computer or something, and try to reformat on your device. Then, make a bunch of files for testing on your card and try to delete again.

Do you have any programs installed to SD? Do you have any today plugins or Start Menu software that links to the SD Card?
What are your installed programs?

I had the same problem with mine. I couldn't get a bad file of my card. I ended up having to copy my good files to the computer and reformating the card.