PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   For those of you with ESRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!MUST READ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=612)

Yay 4 Juggs 09-05-2006 05:28 PM

For those of you with ESRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!MUST READ

Finally i get to scoop someone!!!

We just got a letter in the mail regarding ESRP on the wifey's line which now states

The key changes to the ERP are as follows:

The aggregate coverage limit is now increased to a maximum of three covered replacements in any 12 month consecutive period.

Blofeld 09-05-2006 06:35 PM

Good news to hear.

Though with my 6700, I have been holding onto it very tight like a running back.

darkmojo 09-05-2006 08:19 PM

Yeah, I protect my phone like I would my first born.

cac9478 09-05-2006 11:47 PM

dude that f-ing sucks. I used to get my phone replaced like 8 times a year.

Wideawake 09-05-2006 11:52 PM

lol thats alot of replacing. I need to replace mine, but I dont want a phone that cant evdo and phone at the same time.

bunnytrigger 09-05-2006 11:58 PM

8 times?? what in the world??

wingzero 09-06-2006 08:01 AM

This is a good piece of info, especially for those that have to replace their phone so often. 8x, man that got to be a record. I think we need a poll to see how many phones did people replace a year.

ajk511 09-06-2006 12:20 PM

not just using ESRP, my freshman year of college went like this.
sanyo 8200 X3, sanyo 4500, sanyo 7400 X2, mm-5600 X4. :):):). i throw my phone when im drunk, lol.

Sonin66 09-06-2006 12:31 PM

yea that is very bad news. as much as we pay, we should be able to use it whenever

Blofeld 09-06-2006 01:20 PM

AFAIK, this is to discourage abuse of the insurance system.

Besides I would bitch more about the junk refurbished phones you will get as replacement from Lockline than the number of incidents allowed per year.

I used to have a junk Sanyo VM 4500/5500 and I had to hold onto it for eternity until I qualified for the $150 rebate off my current PPC-6700. The buttons were not working, the sound awful, and the screen kept blacking out. :x

cac9478 09-06-2006 06:19 PM

Actually with ESRP everytime I recieved a brand new phone directly from the box with 0000 minutes on the life timer.

SMix 09-06-2006 07:10 PM

Ok phew ... at first I thought that saidi ESRP ... that would really blow ... but the insurance thats fine ... I'm a Nextel crossover customer so we have been limited on claims being 2 times per year basically. This is actually good news for me ... but I can imagine for many this is bad ... such as ajk ... ya drunk b*st*rd!! LoL :P jk ... that and sprint phones are definately not as tough as Nextels ... so I guess it does suck ... I don't know, im torn ...

cac9478 09-06-2006 08:20 PM

It is the ESRP not the insurance.

SMix 09-15-2006 02:44 PM

No I think everyone here is getting confused ... mainly because the ESRP should have no stipulation about amount of replacements as it does not encourage swapping of units ... also Yay started by stating ESRP however when he wrote the bold lettering "quoting" Sprint's flyer it says ERP which is the Equipment Replacement Program ... and this makes more sense for the Insurance not the Service And Repair

SMix 09-17-2006 01:56 PM

Ok so I didn't know exactly for sure myself what the real info was ... sad even when I work for the damn company ... I did however get something in the mail today about it all ... basically here is my knowledge and interpretation ... first of all as I said before it is a change to ERP not ESRP with the amount of phones claimed per year ... there are minor changes to both programs, mainly that mean nothing ... the only thing worth value was that they are *increasing* the amount of claims for insurance to 3 per year ... secondly is my interpretation ... this is part of the merger plans ... the piece of mail I received was from a company called Asurion which is part of some larger company CNA ... basically I have a feeling this will be the NEW insurance provider for both CDMA and iDen claims ... this will eliminate yet another barrier of different numbers and quality of service for CDMA or iDen customers ... this would hopefully mean no more LockLine and no more Signal ... also this would mean some benefit for some customers (namely iDen) as I know they are limited to 2 claims currently ... keep an eye out as well for a change in deductibles ... maybe higher or lower and depends on who u have now ... LockLine as far as I understand is simply $50 no matter what ... Signal is $35 for most phones priced under $149 and $100 for phones priced over that ... anyone else have any input on this all?

wingzero 09-17-2006 09:42 PM

Thanks for the clarification. It's good to have members here that gets us the inside info.