PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 05:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i780

Smashingdude is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WMP wont open anymore on i780

Hello everyone,

I've trying for a long time to look for a solution to this problem but cant seem to find it anymore.

Ive been using Samsung i780 which has WM 6.0 for quite some time now without any major problems. This morning it just didnt ring any of my alarms or tones. I checked and all the ringtones and other files are present. But Windows Media Player is just now opening. I tried to open the individual files but they just dont open anymore. In the programs menu, I keep on clicking on Windows Media Player but its not opening at all or showing any kind of window/messages.

When I go to alarm/ringtone setting and if I select any tone, it says "This ring tone is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ring tone" I don't believe that the files changed their location or got deleted since all of them are present in their directories. As for corrupted, I checked them by running on my computer and they are working fine.

I think the problem is in the windows media player since it is the one which handles all the media types. I thought of a virus but all the other programs are working. Also the sound system seems okay since I can hear the beeps when I increase/decrease the volume.

Please if anyone can tell me what to do to fix this problem. I can't seem to do anything with my mobile the basic ringtones/alarms are not working. Please, if there is some kind of download to reinstall windows media player or a patch or something else which might fix this, let me know.

Thank you very much.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: WMP wont open anymore on i780

welcome to the battlefield soldier! have you downloaded any 3rd party apps? i'm asking because my wmp is very buggy and i think i downloaded something that won't play right with wmp.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 1

Poero0877 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Six or Twelve

just my two centsbumpA blonde went into a pizza parlor. When she said that she‘d like a medium pizza, the clerk asked her how many pieces she‘d like to have it cut into: six or twelve. “Oh, goodness, six please,” said the blonde. “I don‘t think I could ever eat twelve.” --------------dvd copy,--------dvd ripper, ------------------dvd to ipod,----------------dvd ripper,-------------------dvd software,-----------

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions