PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   3/31 Mac Users CAN FLASH there TP's!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60945)

MoonZ*BabysH 03-31-2009 11:28 PM

Re: 3/31 Mac Users CAN FLASH there TP's!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6700Yuma (Post 813180)
Hey Moonz, this guide is very well written and is the perfect way for ALL Mac users to be able to load their own ROMs. This doesn't depend on them loading Windows in any way. Very well done.

Yuma, Thank you, hearing that coming from one of the Mod's definatly means alot. I dont even own a Mac, but as much as i have learned and gained from this site , i wanted to give back in a way since i cant cook Roms or create programs. I am the self claimed PPCGeeks Uber Googler lol, but i know this will definatly help those that do not operate on Windows based Computers such as Mac and Linux Os's and get them into the Flashing addiction :twisted:. anywho thanks again Yuma, ima clean this up a little to get some highlights and some bolds to seperate titles from info and make it look a bit better. I Love this Site :headbang::headbang::headbang:

MoonZ*BabysH 04-01-2009 12:06 AM

Re: Mac Users CAN FLASH!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negrito (Post 812982)
Was that a response to me? Because for some reason my Win7 doesnt even access my airport so i can get online. I had parallels on this machine before with WinXP Black, and everything worked fine. I could even sync my Touch w/Outlook and everything. I thought i uninstalled everything from that. Could that be affecting my new install of Win 7? Or you think its because i got my Parallels from a torrent?

Reread the entire OP, i changed the entire thing from the top to the bottom which will help you unlock and flash my friend. goodluck.

Negrito 04-01-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 814824)
Reread the entire OP, i changed the entire thing from the top to the bottom which will help you unlock and flash my friend. goodluck.

I didnt see anything in refernce to my question.

Also, not to knock your thread but this seems more of a flash with out a computer, not flash with a mac. Any computer can format an sd card, and unless im mistaken that's the only thing you needed a computer for.

MoonZ*BabysH 04-01-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negrito (Post 815537)
I didnt see anything in refernce to my question.

Also, not to knock your thread but this seems more of a flash with out a computer, not flash with a mac. Any computer can format an sd card, and unless im mistaken that's the only thing you needed a computer for.

I havent heard of anyone being able to flash w windows 7 on there mac running parralels or bootcamp. I asked you to read the thread so that you will be able to unlock and flash.

True but most Mac and Linux users dont know that the entire process of unlocking and flashing can be done from the SD card. and i have just put it together from a couple of diffrent threads to kinda be a one stop guide for those users. im in no way trying to take credit for these other members work just wanted to help those that dont know, ya know what i mean? i hope it helps you too my friend.

Negrito 04-01-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 815687)
I havent heard of anyone being able to flash w windows 7 on there mac running parralels or bootcamp. I asked you to read the thread so that you will be able to unlock and flash.

True but most Mac and Linux users dont know that the entire process of unlocking and flashing can be done from the SD card. and i have just put it together from a couple of diffrent threads to kinda be a one stop guide for those users. im in no way trying to take credit for these other members work just wanted to help those that dont know, ya know what i mean? i hope it helps you too my friend.

never said you were trying to take credit, and i appreciate the effort, maybe you could change the title of the thread though. Somthing like "How to flash from SD card (Win, Mac, *nix friendly)"... just a thought as this is in no way specific to macs.