PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2007, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel

OldIronToe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Vista

Guys, I know this place is for PPC, but there are some talented folks here who I believe can help me.

Alltel is my service provider. I have a Motorola E815. I use to have a laptop with Windows XP and could plug my phone nto my laptop and use my phone as a modem to connect to the internet using software called Quicklink Mobile. Version 4.4.2

I just bought a new laptop that has Windows Vista Premium Home and when I tried to install the software from Alltel for Quicklink Mobile. I get an Error message that says...

Windows Vista does not support USB drivers. And the software will not install.

After a call to alltel, who told me that it was a windows Vista compatability problem, I am left with no way to connect to the internet. Anyone know of a work around?

Thanks. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Did you try running the program as 'Administrator'? Also, after you install the program. Go to the installation folder and in there right click on the .exe for the program and go to the 'Compatability' tab. In there, select to run as Administrator and run in Windows XP or 2000 compatability mode. See if that helps.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

OldIronToe is a n00b
Thanks Jtrageser,

It was a driver problem. You would think that alltel had been faced with this problem before, but all I could get from the store , technical support, the maker of quick mobile and motorola was that there was NO patch avalable. Well, there is, you just have to know where to look. I went to Motorola development site and found the patch. I am up and running. If anyone has the problem in the future, that's where you will find your solution. Also, if I can be of help, just ask. Thanks everyone.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Lurker

nxthome1 is a n00b
It's amazing how so many people dropped the ball getting patches for devices that worked with Vista. It takes so much searching just to get an answer and the company reps are definitely no help at all!

Jack

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions