PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Exclamation Make sure you click the "Thank You" button sigs...

Click the "Thank You" button to insure someone will help you out again

Don't you just love these signatures? People literally begging for thanks on a forum community on the internet so they can feel like they are special or something.

The way I see it, and I've been here for years and still haven't reached the point of VIP (1000 post status), if you are VIP and registered after me, you're just a spammer or have no life and it don't mean **** anyway.

So, for all of you fockers out there that think you're better than everyone else on here because you have a higher rep, post count, or status, go suck a fat one

LOL

Just thought I would break it down with some real "down to earth" shiznit
Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Re: Make sure you click the "Thank You" button sigs...

Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm just making posts so I can hit 1000 and become VIP since I've been such a dedicated member to this forum since the beginning. Even before I used this username. LOL

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.... Am I VIP Yet ???
Old 03-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

circuit breaker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrag View Post

Don't you just love these signatures? People literally begging for thanks on a forum community on the internet so they can feel like they are special or something.

The way I see it, and I've been here for years and still haven't reached the point of VIP (1000 post status), if you are VIP and registered after me, you're just a spammer or have no life and it don't mean **** anyway.

So, for all of you fockers out there that think you're better than everyone else on here because you have a higher rep, post count, or status, go suck a fat one

LOL

SO TRUE.

What's worse is the people that replace statistics with conjecture when testing mods and new hacks

Post-count whoring is pretty common anywhere a forum keeps count. I often wonder about applying the post count idea it to a wiki and channel all that energy towards collecting and managing information instead of ME TOOs.

(Disclaimer: this is a ME TOO post)

(Where's my beer..)
Old 03-09-2009, 09:04 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrag View Post

LOL

Or people just post helpful topics that other users appreciate and thank them for. Some people even manage threads that lots of people ask questions in. Thanks for bringing down the community.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

+1 dann! if you want to be a vip, try EARNING it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

I would say most of us that are active on this site have jobs and lives outside of this site. When someone takes time out of their day to research/post a response to a question, the decent thing to do is thank them for it. I don't think people are necessarily fishing for thanks, but rather using the thanks count to determine how useful their info was.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:15 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

I agree, it really bugs me when I see people take time to ask for thanks in a post when they are not providing any useful information.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 03-09-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
I would say most of us that are active on this site have jobs and lives outside of this site. When someone takes time out of their day to research/post a response to a question, the decent thing to do is thank them for it. I don't think people are necessarily fishing for thanks, but rather using the thanks count to determine how useful their info was.
big old +1 seems the ones crying are not helping others but starting negative threads instead. make sure you thank me, that was good. lol
Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

What really was the point of this thread? To down play the VIP's or to go out of your way to insult NOOB's or whomever for asking for thanks????

I understand your frustration about people asking for thanks. I think its ridiculous. Any person that was raised right knows that they should thank you to someone who has been a help to them anyway.

I personally have learned alot from this community and try my best to offer back to it be helping as many people as I can I may not always have the answer, but just recognizing someone's issue says alot. Nobody needs a thank you, but at the end of the day who's it hurting?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i can't tell if the op is complaining about not being a vip or complaining about people asking for thanks. one of his lines say if your a vip after he joined, you have no life?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions