PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
ok. the results are quite interesting.. yes, they have in fact lowered the fee to $15. however, since i have a phone/data/text plan, i am ineligable for it. i was floored. i'm in the same category as the Everything Plan (is what i was told) and apparently none of the higher plans are eligable for it. so. i got pi$$ed and told the lady, f 'em, i'll patch the phone's software and do it illegally. she was beside herself. telling me how sorry she was that i have to hack to phone to get what i would gladly pay for. i also told her i was going only and recommending to everyone that would read my post to hack their phones.

now that being said, i still don't think it's any different than warez as far as PPCGeeks is concerned but i am going to do it.
First, by all means keep doing what your doing, i know im not stopping.. ill be honest once i heard 15 bucks i was in.. 15 bucks a month is worth the piece of mind to know, i wont get a bill with 100s of dollars in fees one of these cycles..

Second, its certainly interesting your not able, i couldve had an idiot on the ohpne that said it was possible, then again you couldve had an idiot that didnt think it was possible.. either is feesable...

and if i somehow made u think, you werent agreeing with me already, my apologies... i know where ya stand.. and i appreciate the few that can see my point here..you all know who u are

Third, everyone needs to keep focus, this is about banning and removing the topic.. not an issue of moral choice or law to use these thinngs..
and lastly, again, just because the feature isnt offered to some, or what i assume is most people(most have some talk,data,text plan im guessin), doesnt give us the right to STEAL something.. were taking a paid service, available to us or not, and "cracking it" to use it for free..

I want a certain car with a sun roof, but its not offered, doesnt mean i can steal one off the lot, cuz that features not available to me..
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"

Last edited by crazychef; 02-22-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:43 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
did you have one of those magic bean stalk phones?

unless you have ics paid for, you will get a connection error (don't remember what it is but it is definately there). i have had it on every phone i've had that had stock.

i think you're mistaken.
My Mogul & Touch never had that issue, Ever.
So he isn't mistaken, it depends.

There is no universal lock from ICS on all of Sprints or any other carrier's Winmo phones.
Some do, some do not.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post

There is no universal lock from ICS on all of Sprints or any other carrier's Winmo phones.
Some do, some do not.
umm, this hack was created for mogul users, way before the Pro came out, and possibly TOuch.. never had one so i dont know...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:01 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
did you have one of those magic bean stalk phones?

unless you have ics paid for, you will get a connection error (don't remember what it is but it is definately there). i have had it on every phone i've had that had stock.

i think you're mistaken.
Nope. It's a stock Sprint phone. No connection error. Same was true for my titan.

Anyway, doesn't matter either way, it's still a TOS violation even if I do a regedit to change the connection name from one thing to another (still, hardly call that a "hack" it's just changing the name. It's still just dialing "PPP")

Anyone who knows how this stuff actually works knows its something sprint (or your carrier) controls - they can turn it off on their end and all the "tweaking" in the world would not get you around it.

The fact that they don't doesn't make it "legal" but it does make it "tolerated".
Old 02-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
i wasn't disagreeing with the op. i was agreeing with him. read my other posts.
i'm agreeing with you agreeing with chef. i've been tuned in to this channel since 3:17pm yesterday. but i assume we both agree that tethering is warez until someone proves that it's not( and not with the lines we've heard so far).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post

Some do, some do not.
interesting. i've had the issue with my apache, my touch, my touch pro and my son's mogul. why was yours different than mine? now i'm confused.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i'm agreeing with you agreeing with chef. i've been tuned in to this channel since 3:17pm yesterday. but i assume we both agree that tethering is warez until someone proves that it's not( and not with the lines we've heard so far).
agreed sir.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:34 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
interesting. i've had the issue with my apache, my touch, my touch pro and my son's mogul. why was yours different than mine? now i'm confused.
Its random. Sprint isn't very consistent with it.

I do know that the latest Mogul ROM deactivated it on my friends phone.
After getting a TEP refurb (not for this issue) he was able to do this again without any alteration.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I didn't even do the ICS hack on my Mogul. There was never a PAM entry in my phone and my wmwifirouter worked fine and sprint never said anything about it.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
I didn't even do the ICS hack on my Mogul. There was never a PAM entry in my phone and my wmwifirouter worked fine and sprint never said anything about it.
but it is a warez..or crack...at least by sprints' standards.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions