PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 12:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel - verizon

generic.imitation is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
selecting text that is a link

hey i'm trying to select link text in opera, but it doesn't give the option. also tried ctrl c, but those commands aren't working. obviously i'm kinda new how would i go about doing that?

also, is there an autocomplete option for any windows mobile browsers?
Old 02-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: selecting text that is a link

try zooming in slightly for the unresponsive opera link issue...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

it isnt a non responsive link. i use google in opera and the link i get in gmail when clicked it gives aa google link that forwards to the page, but it keeps messing up. i just wanna select the link text and copy. but when i do it doesn't give me the copy option. thats what i'm trying to do right now. any help?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

tap and hold on screen, then chose "text selection on"... should address your issue.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i've done that. it highlights the link text, but it doesn't allow for the option to copy when i hold down the stylus. it gives me the option to open in a different tab.

are there any copy commands like ctrl+c? i tried this, but it didn't work. maybe it's a different command I dunno.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Post Master General

i'm sorry are you going after the link or the text to the link? only workaround i see is to open in new tab, then copy the link from there...
Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

well here's the skinny. i sent myself an email from the work pc so i can recieve it in opera without having to type it in. so it was the link, but google made the link different when clicked and it was showing a mobile version of the website thru google. i was still on google, but it was showing me portions of the site... kind of annoying unless you need it like that, which i don't. so i tried selecting the link text which i just copied from the browser window on the work pc and emailed myself, but when i held the stylus down it didn't give the option to copy, just open in new tab even though i had the link text highlighted. I hope you can follow

I just wonder if there is a keyboard shortcut on my touch pro or in windows mobile that allows copying text whenever you have it highlighted.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions