PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Revol

Houndx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noob questions

I'm going to have two new HTC's, a pro and a mogul, soon and I'm unclear on a few things about flashing. Any help would be appreciated.

I use a regional provider, Revol, who flashes and unlocks phones with Houdini. My question is will flashing custom roms and/or new radio roms(gps enabled for the Mogul, etc) remove any of the necessary settings that were added to the phones during the Houdini flash?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Noob questions

I would think so. Remember when you flash a ROM, the phone is going to be just like you took it out of the box for the first time.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Houndx is a n00b

Common sense says that is the right answer, but none of the flashing guides include a set for so much as reentering your phone number which would definitely be required if the phone were completely reverted to factory defaults.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:46 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I think that the EPST stays... dont quote me on that though...

Old 02-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Houndx is a n00b

Ah, epst huh? That's getting down to the meat of it, so if I find and write those down then I should be able to get the phone working again if anything changes? A quick google shows that I'd access the epst menu via ##778#. Would something like qpst also get at these?

Thanks a ton.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Once you flash your phone, you should just have to reactivate it on your network. No need to re-enter your phone #. I believe 228# will do it (at least it does on VZW).
Old 02-09-2009, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yes flashing will not change anything in the EPST. Provisioning on the carrier side must be allowed and then the provisioning through the device (as said before with the *2 2 8 must happen. But you may need to go into the EPST as some point because if even if you flash the device with a custom GPS enabled ROM it will still call home to its prior carrier unless the settings in the EPST match the new carrier.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Houndx is a n00b

Thanks all. I ended up backing up everything with QPST. After flashing the mogul it was necessary to restore everything but with the TP it was not, so... er. Well, everything is cool that's all that matters

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions