PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VX-6800
Carrier: Verizon

kermit5327 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can i transfer Contacts

I have an LG venus that i need to figure out how to transfer my contacts off of on to my comp so i can get them on my apache.

does anyone know of a program i can use
Old 02-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Re: How can i transfer Contacts

Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wytecaztle is keeping up the good workwytecaztle is keeping up the good work

LOL at DANNZEMAN
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Ahh...very subtle...LOL

Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytecaztle View Post
LOL at DANNZEMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Ahh...very subtle...LOL
Yeah, sorry. Sometimes I get a little aggravated by the number of users that don't bother to do a search.

to the OP, I didn't realize what phone your were using. The easiest way would probably be to just go into a store and have them do it. I'm not familiar with the Venus or any computer sync abilities it has or doesn't have.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VX-6800
Threadstarter

kermit5327 is a n00b

i have spend 3 hours in verizon stores and over 2 hours on the phone with them and no one can do it. so thats when i started looking around on google and found a praogram called BitPim i used that to get my contacts off of my venus but it wont work to put them back on my ppc.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

that was cold dannz lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-04-2009, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When I got my new TP from Verizon they transfered my contacts from my LG Env..
Old 02-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit5327 View Post
i have spend 3 hours in verizon stores and over 2 hours on the phone with them and no one can do it. so thats when i started looking around on google and found a praogram called BitPim i used that to get my contacts off of my venus but it wont work to put them back on my ppc.
If you can get the Qualcomm USB Drivers, you can use BITPIM on your WM5/6 phone to restore your contacts...
Old 02-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I love root

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit5327 View Post
What format does it put them in when you take them off your LG? Look for some way to save them, or export them, as a .vcf (VCARD file), or Access, or Excel, or even a comma serparted value. You'll be able to import all these pretty easily into Outlook and then transfer to your phone. Thats how I would do it since I use Outlook. If you don't then I'm not really sure how to help you. But my guess is you're to need another piece of software to reimport them and then transfer them to your phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions