PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Freeing up space (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56151)

urvi 02-03-2009 03:09 PM

Freeing up space

It seems that over time my storage memory just seems to run out of room. I had about .1meg of free space left this morning even though i haven't installed anything news in months. Is there somewhere that junk files just build up? I checked the temp folder and the temporary internet files folder also and they are empty. I also went ahead and deleted a bunch of text messages even though i don't have that many and they don't take up any space. Any help would be appreciated.

ryu hayabusa 02-03-2009 03:12 PM

Re: Freeing up space

you could stick your sd card in a computer, back up the info, get rid of what you want to , then format your card, then cut and paste what you want to put back on the card, there is alot of junk that piles up over time, but formatting it might do you some help, start brand new with just the apps, or files you want to put on the card.

ryu hayabusa 02-03-2009 03:12 PM

format!!

Hafrust 02-03-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

It seems that over time my storage memory just seems to run out of room. I had about .1meg of free space left this morning even though i haven't installed anything news in months. Is there somewhere that junk files just build up? I checked the temp folder and the temporary internet files folder also and they are empty. I also went ahead and deleted a bunch of text messages even though i don't have that many and they don't take up any space. Any help would be appreciated.
I recommend using either SKTools or MemMaid.

Quote:

you could stick your sd card in a computer, back up the info, get rid of what you want to , then format your card, then cut and paste what you want to put back on the card, there is alot of junk that piles up over time, but formatting it might do you some help, start brand new with just the apps, or files you want to put on the card.
Quote:

format!!
I think the OP is talking about the internal storage memory, not the storage card memory.

urvi 02-03-2009 03:19 PM

Ya sorry I meant internal storage. I try those out hafrust and see what happens thanks.

Geekcop 02-03-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urvi (Post 687041)
Ya sorry I meant internal storage. I try those out hafrust and see what happens thanks.

I think you'll be amazed at what happens. I know I was, the first time I ran MemMaid. Even if you don't have a lot of internet debris (which is the usual culprit), there are still other junks files out there. Neither SKTools or MemMaid are free, but are worth every penny

CozBoogie 02-03-2009 03:55 PM

The new SKTools has a pretty slick "shadow service" that runs in the background and automatically cleans your debris.

late,
Coz

urvi 02-03-2009 04:07 PM

Used SKTools and it was great. Got me 10 megs! Thanks again Haf!

Hafrust 02-03-2009 04:09 PM

Anytime...glad it helped.