PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Pro Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jgirvine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sitting on an airplane

Sitting on an airplane, my TP needs to be off. I can not remember if I have....how in the world do I find out if it is turned on or off without "TURNING IT ON" if is is already off. This has happened twice now. Surely there is someway to tell?????
Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sitting on an airplane

Take the battery out.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jude_b23 is keeping up the good workjude_b23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgirvine View Post
Sitting on an airplane, my TP needs to be off. I can not remember if I have....how in the world do I find out if it is turned on or off without "TURNING IT ON" if is is already off. This has happened twice now. Surely there is someway to tell?????
Thanks
1. go into your programs folder, click comm manager, turn on flight mode...

or

2. press & hold the end button, should turn off the radio on the phone

after this press hold the power button phone should power off
Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Long as your phone is in flight mode, you are fine. You don't have to turn the phone completely off. Both options jude posted are correct as well as if you are using tf3d you can go to settings tab and communications then toggle to airplane mode. Your phone is listed as mogul but you posted in the touch pro forum. Might want to update if you have a TP now.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
1. go into your programs folder, click comm manager, turn on flight mode...

or

2. press & hold the end button, should turn off the radio on the phone

after this press hold the power button phone should power off
Not trying to be rude, but did you really read the OP? He knows how to turn it off already. He was wanting to know how to confirm it is off without turning it back on.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Put it in airplane mode and leave it on.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

If you hold the Power Button for a sec., a pop screen will display:

"Warning" Power will be turned off, and you may lose data if you have not saved them. Do you want to continue? Yes or No

The only true way to turn "Off" a PPC just like my 67 was to take out the battery.

"Airplane Mode" just like other have stated, is just for that reason, when on a plane and PPC type of phones need to be turned "off", which all it does is turn off the phones radio.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 01-28-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Just wrap that bad boy in 1 pound of foil and you'll be ok! As long as the phone is wrapped...you'll know that you're in "flight mode".

late,
Coz
Old 01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Pro Touch
Threadstarter

jgirvine is a n00b

Well, thanks for the quick posts, but we don't have an answer. First, I hate to break it to yall, but Airplane Mode is not the answer. A phone has to be TOTALLY off for take off and landing, then once in the air the phone can be turned back on and put into Airplane mode. The problem I run into is the phone is off, I don't know that. I hit the button on top Hoping it is gonna pop up the warning that I am turning it off, but instead, the phone is already off, and now it is turning on. Is there no way to wake up a sleeping phone without hitting the on/off button on the top????
Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jude_b23 is keeping up the good workjude_b23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgirvine View Post
Well, thanks for the quick posts, but we don't have an answer. First, I hate to break it to yall, but Airplane Mode is not the answer. A phone has to be TOTALLY off for take off and landing, then once in the air the phone can be turned back on and put into Airplane mode. The problem I run into is the phone is off, I don't know that. I hit the button on top Hoping it is gonna pop up the warning that I am turning it off, but instead, the phone is already off, and now it is turning on. Is there no way to wake up a sleeping phone without hitting the on/off button on the top????
Thanks
set flight mode. take battery out. when up in the air, you can install battery and turn phone on, should still be in flight mode

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions