PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-windows-mobile-discussions/)
-   -   Sitting on an airplane (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-windows-mobile-discussions/55292-sitting-airplane.html)

jgirvine 01-28-2009 03:46 PM

Sitting on an airplane
 
Sitting on an airplane, my TP needs to be off. I can not remember if I have....how in the world do I find out if it is turned on or off without "TURNING IT ON" if is is already off. This has happened twice now. Surely there is someway to tell?????
Thanks

Hafrust 01-28-2009 03:48 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
Take the battery out.

jude_b23 01-28-2009 03:50 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgirvine (Post 673886)
Sitting on an airplane, my TP needs to be off. I can not remember if I have....how in the world do I find out if it is turned on or off without "TURNING IT ON" if is is already off. This has happened twice now. Surely there is someway to tell?????
Thanks

1. go into your programs folder, click comm manager, turn on flight mode...

or

2. press & hold the end button, should turn off the radio on the phone

after this press hold the power button phone should power off

lwrdrchvy2 01-28-2009 03:53 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
Long as your phone is in flight mode, you are fine. You don't have to turn the phone completely off. Both options jude posted are correct as well as if you are using tf3d you can go to settings tab and communications then toggle to airplane mode. Your phone is listed as mogul but you posted in the touch pro forum. Might want to update if you have a TP now.

Hafrust 01-28-2009 03:53 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
Quote:

1. go into your programs folder, click comm manager, turn on flight mode...

or

2. press & hold the end button, should turn off the radio on the phone

after this press hold the power button phone should power off
Not trying to be rude, but did you really read the OP? He knows how to turn it off already. He was wanting to know how to confirm it is off without turning it back on.

gutrrob 01-28-2009 03:54 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
Put it in airplane mode and leave it on.

Unknown Zone 01-28-2009 03:54 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
If you hold the Power Button for a sec., a pop screen will display:

"Warning" Power will be turned off, and you may lose data if you have not saved them. Do you want to continue? Yes or No

The only true way to turn "Off" a PPC just like my 67 was to take out the battery.

"Airplane Mode" just like other have stated, is just for that reason, when on a plane and PPC type of phones need to be turned "off", which all it does is turn off the phones radio.

CozBoogie 01-28-2009 03:55 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
Just wrap that bad boy in 1 pound of foil and you'll be ok! As long as the phone is wrapped...you'll know that you're in "flight mode".

late,
Coz

jgirvine 01-28-2009 03:59 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
Well, thanks for the quick posts, but we don't have an answer. First, I hate to break it to yall, but Airplane Mode is not the answer. A phone has to be TOTALLY off for take off and landing, then once in the air the phone can be turned back on and put into Airplane mode. The problem I run into is the phone is off, I don't know that. I hit the button on top Hoping it is gonna pop up the warning that I am turning it off, but instead, the phone is already off, and now it is turning on. Is there no way to wake up a sleeping phone without hitting the on/off button on the top????
Thanks

jude_b23 01-28-2009 04:01 PM

Re: Sitting on an airplane
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgirvine (Post 673924)
Well, thanks for the quick posts, but we don't have an answer. First, I hate to break it to yall, but Airplane Mode is not the answer. A phone has to be TOTALLY off for take off and landing, then once in the air the phone can be turned back on and put into Airplane mode. The problem I run into is the phone is off, I don't know that. I hit the button on top Hoping it is gonna pop up the warning that I am turning it off, but instead, the phone is already off, and now it is turning on. Is there no way to wake up a sleeping phone without hitting the on/off button on the top????
Thanks

set flight mode. take battery out. when up in the air, you can install battery and turn phone on, should still be in flight mode


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0