PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sitting on an airplane

Put said phone in pocket till hot *** stewartess walks past you, turn around and check out her ***, and ask for a gingerale. They'll never be the wiser.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgirvine View Post
Well, thanks for the quick posts, but we don't have an answer. First, I hate to break it to yall, but Airplane Mode is not the answer. A phone has to be TOTALLY off for take off and landing, then once in the air the phone can be turned back on and put into Airplane mode. The problem I run into is the phone is off, I don't know that. I hit the button on top Hoping it is gonna pop up the warning that I am turning it off, but instead, the phone is already off, and now it is turning on. Is there no way to wake up a sleeping phone without hitting the on/off button on the top????
Thanks
You're one of those guys who doesn't write off that "business" trip to vegas huh? Come on! Live like a rebel! Put a little vodka in your OJ in the morning, grab that girls *** as she walks by on a crowded sidewalk! Live a little!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dlink72 is a n00b

Hope this will clear things up a little. I've been an airline pilot going on 8 years now and I can confirm that all you need to do is put your phone into airplane mode. I'm not sure how to do this on the touch pro, but need to since I'm getting one in a couple of weeks. As long as the screen doesn't have power to it you're fine. Above 10,000 ft. as noted by the flight crew you can use it as much as you want. (movies, music, etc) just don't turn the radio on during flight.

There are some flight attendants that get sick of dealing with people who continue to talk on their phones long after the PA to turn them off, so they adopt their own zero tolerance policies. Not fair, but I can't blame them after some things I've seen. Most are cool and can tell the difference. I use mine when I'm riding in back for music, games, and have never been approached by a flight attendant, then again, I'm usually in my uniform.

As for the myth that phones don't cause problems...it's not a myth. For some reason, GSM phones create all sorts of noises on our communication radio. (pings, scratches, weird noises) It might be specific to my particular airplane, but If I'm flying with someone who turns their GSM phone on it instantly creates those noises. I haven't noticed it so much with CDMA phones, not to say they don't do it. Either way...something to think about for those of you who have chimed in so far and said it doesn't matter. It's an FAA regulation for a reason. Anyway, flight mode is fine. Just keep the power off until they say it's ok to use electronic devices. If someone gives you grief, just explain the radio is off. If they continue to give you grief, they don't understand. Unfortunately, it's probably in your best interest just to turn it off anyway.

Hope that helps, and fly safe!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:56 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Yea, my best friend used to have cingular (GSM) and my stereo would make scratchy noises with it... he switched to VZW (CDMA) and it doesnt happen anymore. then this nerd came over to work on a project and he had cingular and the scratchy noise was there.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks for the clarification from a true professional. you raise some pretty interesting points there regarding gsm vs cdma...

yeah my issue is with overzealous attendants that think your radio is on just because the phone's screen is 'on'... i respect the safeguards and such, just not the ignorance of some enforcers of said safeguards.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Put said phone in pocket till hot *** stewartess walks past you, turn around and check out her ***, and ask for a gingerale. They'll never be the wiser.
You have not flown in a long time, have you?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Lmfao^^^^^^
Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Stewardess? What is this the 1950's and we're flying on Pan Am?

late,
Coz

p.s.: just FYI, the are called "In-Flight Waitstaff"
Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Pro Touch
Threadstarter

jgirvine is a n00b

Hi guys..... I am the orginal poster....guess what, been a flight attendant for over 30 years. Now, I am still the same size I was 30 years ago, but I just can't see anybody grabbing my A** anymore.....lol

Ok, so can you see why I need to know my phone is off? As far as what the pilot said, yeah, I am so sick of the electronic device PA made 3 and 4 times and folks still talking. What a lot of folks don't realize is I can take a personal fine from the FAA if I don't get folks to follow the rules.

As far as if phones and electronic devices do or do not cause problems, I don't know...it is my job to follow procedure. But, that said, I have had cases where the Capt. has had me go through the plane and have EVERYTHING turned off as SOMETHING is causing a problem. Including have folks check thier stuff in the overhead to make sure it is off.

Thanks for the info on how to see if they phone is turned off. That has been a prob the last couple of days.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Stewardess? What is this the 1950's and we're flying on Pan Am?

late,
Coz

p.s.: just FYI, the are called "In-Flight Waitstaff"
Stewardess is just more fun. That along with broads. Ok, sorry to get off topic.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions