PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Windows Media Player now showing Album art (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54706)

tjduckett 01-25-2009 12:50 AM

Windows Media Player now showing Album art

Hi, I'm fairly new to my touch Vogue (PPC6900), and I've noticed that windows media palyer doesn't at all show the cover art for any of my songs. I've made sure they all have them, and syncing to my MP3 player or playing in my computer, the covers show up fine.

I am not seeing anytihng in WMP's option either. Can someone help me out?

Dr.8820 01-25-2009 01:06 AM

Re: Windows Media Player now showing Album art

what is your os on your pc? vista,windows xp, mac?

tjduckett 01-25-2009 01:41 AM

I run XP SP3 (if the SP even matters).

Now, I jsut started using WMP 11 instead of media monkey to sync them, and the album art shows up... is this the only way?

lawmangrant 01-26-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjduckett (Post 665073)
I run XP SP3 (if the SP even matters).

Now, I jsut started using WMP 11 instead of media monkey to sync them, and the album art shows up... is this the only way?

Syncing with WMediaPlayer is the only way for album art to show up with windows media player.

Kinda dumb, but that's the way MS designed it.

psiphi 01-26-2009 04:06 PM

WMP uses the folder.jpg files instead of cover art TAGS in the MP3 files most other players use. As long as you sync the jpg files too, your art will show up in WMP on the PPC...

mrspeedmaster 01-27-2009 05:55 PM

It is very archaic way but you have to copy the folder.jpg file. Stupid if you ask me.

I have a folder hiearchy like this:
Artist Name > Album Name > folder.jpg

You can't drop a bunch of files into one folder. So if you are building a mix collection you have to do it like I stated above and make a playlist.
There are some utilities that allow you to export the MP3 ID3 album to a jpeg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjduckett (Post 664985)
Hi, I'm fairly new to my touch Vogue (PPC6900), and I've noticed that windows media palyer doesn't at all show the cover art for any of my songs. I've made sure they all have them, and syncing to my MP3 player or playing in my computer, the covers show up fine.

I am not seeing anytihng in WMP's option either. Can someone help me out?

tjduckett 01-27-2009 11:09 PM

Hey, thanks for the advice man. I'll have to try it out.

psiphi 01-28-2009 03:21 PM

Or just go with a different player like TCPMP which doesn't need the JPG but will use the built in TAG instead...

tjduckett 01-28-2009 06:32 PM

I would, but, I like the fact that WMP can be controlled from the cube and Home menus