PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6850 Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

j77drummer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Organizing Music for PPC

Ok so I had an ipod for about 3 years and its dead now so I want to use my touch pro. My music files were great on my Ipod becuse itunes kept it all neat and organized well when I put a few albums on my phone i notice that they are not like My albums will be broken up into two with some songs from the album in one and some in the other and this is very anoying so if anybody konws how i can get my music folder organized it would be of great help i have about 6500 songs
Old 01-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Organizing Music for PPC

I would use the Storage Card for one... Two... Create a general music folder on the Storage Card.. Then create folders in that main music folder depending on how you want it organized.. Either by artist, or genre, or whatever you like.. Then using active sync, copy the music over in small batches, sorting it as you go along into the folder you want it in.. If you have an eminem folder, then copy all the eminem music you have and paste it into the eminem folder.. That's how I keep my music organized...
Old 01-21-2009, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

pickthecrowdup is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to pickthecrowdup

I use my storage card and use Winamp with the "Portable Device" plugin. I think it's included in the new version. Media Monkey is a free program you can get from Download.com and it will also sync your music and keep it organized. I love iTunes but it's not compatible with any device besides iPod or iPhone and that sucks.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

6500 songs? holy crap! how much space does that take up?

I sorta had that delima too. My solution will only work for you if all your songs are mp3's. If you bought songs from the iTunes store in the aac format and you want to use my method then you'll have convert them to mp3.
I used Windows Mobile player to sync to my phone. You almost have to rely on playlists to make it easy to use on your device. But once you have your playlist set up then syncing is easy. There are much better music players out there for your phone but this works fine for me.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Playlists are a good idea...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions