PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rockey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hard/soft reset after reg tweaks???????

Please excuse a noobie here but i just made a change to the registry on my sprint Diamond for the battery tweak and was wondering if a Soft Reset or a Hard Reset is needed?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: hard/soft reset after reg tweaks???????

the only time you do a hard reset is when everything is going wrong.a hard reset will take off everything that you put on so definately do a soft reset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, you may also want to invest in a backup app. i use spb and it a great app. there is a free trial. http://beta.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/ if you need any help, please feel free to pm me so you dont have to hard reset. darren
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

As a good general rule of thumb, make your edit and ensure you save it by exiting the registry editor, wait approx 1 minute, then soft reset.

Some registry edits do not require a soft reset, but edits that affect the system like yours will. And a hard reset will take everything back to when you last flashed. and my fingers don't bend that way...

Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Hard resets are the PPC equivalent of "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass." Soft reset can't hurt.....and +1 for SPB Backup. That's one of the first apps I recommend a new user installs on their PPC

Old 01-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rockey is a n00b

Thanks for all the replys, i am new to all of this but it all seems very interesting. I'm looking forward to doing some reading on how to do many of these things but wanted to try the battery tweak first as the life of the battery out of the box was horrible. I will see how it goes tomorrow and let you all know. Thanks again folks and if there are anything you can suggest to a noobie please do so.
Thanks
Old 01-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Hard resets are the PPC equivalent of "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass." Soft reset can't hurt.....and +1 for SPB Backup. That's one of the first apps I recommend a new user installs on their PPC
i love that in case of emergency line!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockey View Post
Thanks for all the replys, i am new to all of this but it all seems very interesting. I'm looking forward to doing some reading on how to do many of these things but wanted to try the battery tweak first as the life of the battery out of the box was horrible. I will see how it goes tomorrow and let you all know. Thanks again folks and if there are anything you can suggest to a noobie please do so.
Thanks
you are welcome my friend but if you want to show thanks,please click that green button!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions