PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK / Cancel Options

I am still relatively new to PPC's (coming from a SmartPhone). One thing I have noticed is a lot of screens were you set options, like Settings --> Phone, you can change the options and click OK on the top right, but I don't see any way to cancel. Let's say you are in a settings screen that has multiple tabs. You make some changes on a couple tabs, then for whatever reason, you want to back out without save any changes. I don't see how to do that.

Maybe it is something simple I am over looking. I have a HTC Touch Pro, if that matters. But figured this is a Windows Mobile question, not specific to a certain phone, so hope I'm in the right forum.

I have tried pressing the Back key, but it has the same effect as clicking OK.

Any advice is appreciated!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:31 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: OK / Cancel Options

when theres some changes i make and dont like what i changed, i soft reset to not use the changes. or, set the changes then go back and change them back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Thanks, I didn't think of the soft reset idea. I have found myself going through different tabs and forgetting what I changed (if there are lots of options on each tab).
Old 01-09-2009, 01:38 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im sure theres a better way, that works for me. also done it while a cab was installing i didnt want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Let's say you are in a settings screen that has multiple tabs. You make some changes on a couple tabs, then for whatever reason, you want to back out without save any changes. I don't see how to do that.
Yeah, short of soft-reseting, the whole phone, you could just kill the process...

Hit the Start (Windows Flag) button, Settings, System Tab, Task Manager, then Select the program you don't want to save the data in, then click on End Task...

Still killing a fly with a hammer tho..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions