PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A push to support developers of apps and roms

Donate

I have been meaning to do this for quite a while, but have put it off. I think this is a very nice gesture to express gratitude for the time and effort that others put in to this hobby/obsession.

Please do not think that I am begging for money for me. I do this because it interests me. However there are many app developers out there that dont get the exposure for the time they put in. As many of you know, I usually use free apps in my roms. Most of these apps are created by PPC users who put in a lot of time to create very helpful apps for us users. Unfortunately the apps get used, but donations are minimal. Also, I pull several apps from all over the internet like from over at xda. A lot of users never even know where the apps come from, much less how to support the app developer.

Second, I also think it is important to have a fund to be able to pay for necessities like shipping Helmi a phone and other such expenses that will only improve the quality of the community and the information here. With the introduction of the Mogul, this is even more important.

Finally, I am not to ashamed to accept a donation here and there especially since several people have inquired about it.

So, if you think you have been helped by the community here and you would like to spread some money around to say thank you, please feel free to donate a few bucks.

Donate

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Now, would this be PPC cash or real cash? I can donate all my PPC cash to you if you like cos I dont plan on using it. Just joking. Holla later.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 07-13-2007, 07:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
I don't personally have an Apache handheld but I keep a couple of friends updated and they are highly pleased with your roms and always asking if there is an update because they are pleased with seeing what comes down the pipe in new releases is quiet a pleasure seeing myself whats packed in there when I update them.

So, In thanks from them and myself I have made a modest donation, its not much but its well deserved

Perhaps I can even talk them into donating a little the next time I talk with them....lol

Thanks for all of your time and effort and keep up the good work!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Lurker

dante486 is a n00b
Noob question - where did the precompiled roms go?

Alltel PPC6700 user here. Had the good Colonel's 3.5 Final for other carriers. Of course, my HDD crapped out and I lost the file. No biggie - my phone still works.

Of course, Thursday my phone starts acting up and Friday it lays down; won't keep a data connection. I get a new phone but I have to "update" the ROM to the original so I can send it back.

I have no path back to the glory that was/is? Colonel's 3.5 Fine for other carriers.

Any idea where I can find it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions