PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Poll: What is your default browser or which browser do you use the most??
PIE 7 7.14%
IE6 9 9.18%
Opera 9 + 42 42.86%
Opera Mini 14 14.29%
Skyfire 20 20.41%
Netfront Browser 1 1.02%
Other 5 5.10%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Poll: What is your default browser or which browser do you use the most??

With all the updated versions of browsers its time to see who is on top...

Last edited by savior02; 12-20-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:19 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Poll: What is your default browser or which browser do you use the most??

opera mini blows everything away! it is so fast.... otherone i use if i gotta do something like watch a video other than youtube is skyfire

Old 12-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I use Opera Mobile as standard... I was a heavy Opera Mini user on my Mogul...
Old 12-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

i use skyfire only.... but not right now cause of the whole ranch accident. lol
~chevy
Radio: 3.42.50
Old 12-20-2008, 07:03 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

ranch accident? did you drop your phone in a bowl of dressing?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:47 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im an opera mobile user myself, i love skyfire cuz of flash suport but i barely use it cuz the navigation sucks, sure it displays the page faster but its not really loaded, its like surfing the web with googlemaps or another gps app, as you scroll and pan the constant rendering and loading makes the display blurry and those aweful checkers Opera is much better for navigation expecially forums where you can quickly scroll through all the post without the constant rendering slowing you down, plus the downloads are better in opera cuz i download entire movies and cd albums without a problem unlike skyfire that fails on me 99% of the time. Plus, its a real browser, not a mirror of the site that a server sends you (thust safer) all you need is a really good and fast version of opera mobile and you are golden. i myself am using build 15202

PIE and IE6 are laggy and i hate god aweful mobile sites

OperaMini is fast but with less features

Netfront is good, but still behind

just my 2 cents
cheers...
Old 12-21-2008, 01:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
im an opera mobile user myself, i love skyfire cuz of flash suport but i barely use it cuz the navigation sucks, sure it displays the page faster but its not really loaded, its like surfing the web with googlemaps or another gps app, as you scroll and pan the constant rendering and loading makes the display blurry and those aweful checkers Opera is much better for navigation expecially forums where you can quickly scroll through all the post without the constant rendering slowing you down, plus the downloads are better in opera cuz i download entire movies and cd albums without a problem unlike skyfire that fails on me 99% of the time. Plus, its a real browser, not a mirror of the site that a server sends you (thust safer) all you need is a really good and fast version of opera mobile and you are golden. i myself am using build 15202

PIE and IE6 are laggy and i hate god aweful mobile sites

OperaMini is fast but with less features

Netfront is good, but still behind

just my 2 cents
cheers...

Opera to me is just way too buggy.it would shut down on me while browsing! i need something more stable....thats why i use the newest netfront browser build 729 if u work your settings right it will be better than opera..yeah sure it needs work but to me it works beter than opera..its fast too.....plus its a memory rom hog.....IE6 i use as well as skyfire...but i can never just use one browser on my phone because for some sites one browser might be better than the other for example media, forum browsing, or downloading music/movies...u know some file sharing sites with some browsers dont even work...and on some they will......i cant get everything i need from ONE browser!! its time someone step to the plate and make one real good browser with opera, skyfire, and opera mini, netfront in one....skyfire i hate the checkered page while navigating its soo annoying! but sometimes i use it for those hard to get sites.....and i everytime i try to download something it says something header failed....
Old 12-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The browser tht comes with Android is pretty nice. and since i been consistently running android its my only choice, or is it?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
Opera to me is just way too buggy.it would shut down on me while browsing! ....
i agree completely..even with a 4gb storage card and BigD speed up storage card and Opera still shuts down on me. Sometimes checking my email takes forever. Skyfire is the way to go for me its suprising that Opera is leading the way even with the update
Old 12-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Pocket internet explorer is worthless as it pauses right before the page is completely loaded. Annoying as hell.

Opera mobile on tp and opera mini on my mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions