PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

2ndchance is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPC-6700 Carry Case review (or any large PDA type phone)

Update: Allen has since discontinued the black version of this case. They only offer it in camo.

Allen Company | Multi-Purpose Holster - Packs and Pouches | Gun Cases | Hunting & Fishing Accessories

==================

Greetings everyone. I just wanted to share a "find" that I came across.

I've been struggling to find a good n' snug case for my PPC-6700 with the extended battery. I also have the Crystal Case around my phone so there is also that additional bulk. After a year of searching, I finally found an ideal case.

I happen to visit Sportsman's Warehouse. They're a huge hunting/fishing outfitter here in Phoenix, AZ. I stumbled across a Universal Case made by Allen & Co. They call it a multi-purpose holster. It comes in Camo and Black.

This case features a foam-molded construction that wraps around the front, top, and bottom of the case. The sides are made from 2" wide elastic bands. The clasp is a typical plastic clasp with a button-release. This makes for a quick unbuckle... but it still takes me 2 hands to reclasp it.

What I really like is that this case can be worn vertically or horizontally. The horizontal belt loop is twice as wide, so it offers better support. Although, the vertical does come with a secondary support hook. It's not bad at all.

The phone fits in there very nicely. With the extended battery, it's snug, but not so snug that I have to fight to get it out. The fit is almost as perfect as if it was intentionally made for this phone. I would think this would be a fitting case for any of the Wizard or Apache series PDA phones.

I've had this for a week now and I've tried it both ways. I prefer the horizontal carry method.

Lastly, the value. For a retail price of ONLY $10.00. It's a bargain. Check it out. Here's a link to the MFGs page and product.

http://www.allencompany.net/Packs%20...ches/17333.htm

Here are some pics, too.

Here's the pics you requested. Sorry if they are a bit out of focus. It's late and my eyes are a bit fuzzy from working 12 hours in the Arizona 111 degree heat. LOL.

The pics show my PPC-6700 with a generic extended battery and enclosed in a Seidio Super-Slim Crystal Hard Case.

I personally like the horizontal carry. Now that I've worn it for awhile, I finally got good at opening and closing the clasp with one hand.

If you have an extended battery like I do, this holster is PERFECT. If you do NOT have an extended battery, it may be loose-fitting. Hell, if you're not using an extended battery, then you have tons of case-options and you don't need to be reading my review.

Last edited by 2ndchance; 09-08-2011 at 12:40 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions