PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Lurker

thuebner484 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with Registry Editing

I hope I got this in the right forum this time.. But anyway, here goes..

To start off, I have an Alltel HTC Touch. Not sure of the "fancy" name, but it's a red Touch from Alltel. I had messed around with registry editing a while back with a moto Razr, so I have a basic understanding of what's going on and how things work. I recently found how to edit the right and left soft keys. (Changing the name, program it opens. Pretty basic) I first changed the left key for the fact that it was already in the registry and all that was needed was a little tweaking. I tried changing it from "Calendar" to "Internet Explorer" with no luck. The only programs I could get it to open were "calendar" and "notes". So I left it default as "calendar" with a simple change of name on the key.

After messing with that for a while I moved onto the right key (by default its "contacts"). There was no registry key for the contacts, but I read that you had to make a new one to edit that key. So I did. But after running into the same problem, I decided that I wanted my contacts back on the right key. I tried going back and just deleting the new key I had just created in hopes that it would bring the default setting back. When I try to delete it, I got an "Error- Access is Denied" pop-up. So my right key is currently unassigned.

I realized that there may be some mapping involved to find the program wanted, but I can't seem to figure it out.

My Question: How do I get my contacts back as my right key? and How do I get my left key to open Internet Explorer?

If anyone knows the paths, or can help in any other way, Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:42 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Help with Registry Editing

i use a free app. called remap softkeys. does the reg.edit for you, very simple app. use it on my 6900, diamond and pro. http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...-softkeys.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thuebner484 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nice. Worked Perfect. Indeed very simple to use. Thanks for the help
Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuebner484 View Post
Nice. Worked Perfect. Indeed very simple to use. Thanks for the help
ive had that app. for years and never found someone who needed it, glad it worked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions