PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Has your carrier ever charged you for an outside vendor bill?
Sprint, yes they have 48 68.57%
AT&T 1 1.43%
T Mobile 2 2.86%
Verizon 13 18.57%
Alltel 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WARNING, thumbplay

I hesitate to even say the name of this company but be aware that if you download one "free" ringer you have just given permission to thumbplay to bill you $9.99 without your knowledge via Sprint phone bill. I can't believe that either sprint or thumbplay can get away with this and if there was a way to get back at them I will. Any Sprint reps aware of this BS?

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 12-11-2008 at 03:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: WARNING, thumbplay

Why not just make your own ringtones?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
I hesitate to even say the name of this company(thieves) but be aware that if you download one "free" ringer you have just given permission to thumbplay to bill you $9.99 without your knowledge via Sprint phone bill. I can't believe that either sprint or thumbplay can get away with this and if there was a way to get back at them I will. Any Sprint reps aware of this BS?
Although I never buy into those stupid ringtone gimmicks. How hard is it to just make your own?!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work

I was also dealt this problem once upon a time... when I had Sprint.
Call them and they will remove the auto-recurring fee.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Why not just make your own ringtones?
Quote:
Although I never buy into those stupid ringtone gimmicks. How hard is it to just make your own?!
Thanks but this isnt a thread saying I need ringtones, its a warning to noobs or the unexpecting that there is a scam that Sprint complies with.

Quote:
I was also dealt this problem once upon a time... when I had Sprint.
Call them and they will remove the auto-recurring fee.
I've canceled but they can still get away with ten or twenty bucks before you know it.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rufio1969 is a n00b

I'm pretty sure this is common with anything online that says you can get one free ringtone. There should always be fine print at the bottom of this stating this will become a recurring thing. I don't think this is just with Sprint. They will bill whoever company you're with.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is common with anything online that says you can get one free ringtone. There should always be fine print at the bottom of this stating this will become a recurring thing. I don't think this is just with Sprint. They will bill whoever company you're with.
You may be right, but never happened to me before or with any other carrier and none of my family(extended) had this happen with thier carriers either.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rufio1969 is a n00b

Well this happened to my sister last year and I just called up Sprint for her and told them she never wanted it and they just credited her account for what she was charged.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well this happened to my sister last year and I just called up Sprint for her and told them she never wanted it and they just credited her account for what she was charged.
SPRINT did??? I went down there and showed my disappointment that they could even allow this to happen to there clients(I would never bill to my clients for some other business) and they said they have absolutely nothing to do with this and wouldn't refund.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Yeah I hate companies like that. Case in point: Classmates.com. I never signed up, but a friend did, and she got a free 3 month package. Only problem was, after 3 months she kept getting a $15 per month charge with no way to cancel it or contact classmates.com. On top of ALL of that, in the 3 months she had it, she never found ANYONE LOL

Be weary of any company on the internet that you've never heard of. You can check consumerAffairs.com for any complains on pretty much anything. (lol look at the complaint list for sprint compared to tmobile's.)

Last edited by chronster; 12-08-2008 at 03:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions