PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   WARNING, thumbplay (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48190)

fat boy 12-08-2008 03:03 PM

WARNING, thumbplay

I hesitate to even say the name of this company but be aware that if you download one "free" ringer you have just given permission to thumbplay to bill you $9.99 without your knowledge via Sprint phone bill. I can't believe that either sprint or thumbplay can get away with this and if there was a way to get back at them I will. Any Sprint reps aware of this BS?

freeza 12-08-2008 03:08 PM

Re: WARNING, thumbplay

Why not just make your own ringtones?

blazinazn 12-08-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 566408)
I hesitate to even say the name of this company(thieves) but be aware that if you download one "free" ringer you have just given permission to thumbplay to bill you $9.99 without your knowledge via Sprint phone bill. I can't believe that either sprint or thumbplay can get away with this and if there was a way to get back at them I will. Any Sprint reps aware of this BS?

Although I never buy into those stupid ringtone gimmicks. How hard is it to just make your own?!

kyppcgeek 12-08-2008 03:16 PM

I was also dealt this problem once upon a time... when I had Sprint.
Call them and they will remove the auto-recurring fee.

fat boy 12-08-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Why not just make your own ringtones?
Quote:

Although I never buy into those stupid ringtone gimmicks. How hard is it to just make your own?!
Thanks but this isnt a thread saying I need ringtones, its a warning to noobs or the unexpecting that there is a scam that Sprint complies with.

Quote:

I was also dealt this problem once upon a time... when I had Sprint.
Call them and they will remove the auto-recurring fee.
I've canceled but they can still get away with ten or twenty bucks before you know it.

rufio1969 12-08-2008 03:27 PM

I'm pretty sure this is common with anything online that says you can get one free ringtone. There should always be fine print at the bottom of this stating this will become a recurring thing. I don't think this is just with Sprint. They will bill whoever company you're with.

fat boy 12-08-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure this is common with anything online that says you can get one free ringtone. There should always be fine print at the bottom of this stating this will become a recurring thing. I don't think this is just with Sprint. They will bill whoever company you're with.
You may be right, but never happened to me before or with any other carrier and none of my family(extended) had this happen with thier carriers either.

rufio1969 12-08-2008 03:40 PM

Well this happened to my sister last year and I just called up Sprint for her and told them she never wanted it and they just credited her account for what she was charged.

fat boy 12-08-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Well this happened to my sister last year and I just called up Sprint for her and told them she never wanted it and they just credited her account for what she was charged.
SPRINT did??? I went down there and showed my disappointment that they could even allow this to happen to there clients(I would never bill to my clients for some other business) and they said they have absolutely nothing to do with this and wouldn't refund.

chronster 12-08-2008 03:45 PM

Yeah I hate companies like that. Case in point: Classmates.com. I never signed up, but a friend did, and she got a free 3 month package. Only problem was, after 3 months she kept getting a $15 per month charge with no way to cancel it or contact classmates.com. On top of ALL of that, in the 3 months she had it, she never found ANYONE LOL

Be weary of any company on the internet that you've never heard of. You can check consumerAffairs.com for any complains on pretty much anything. (lol look at the complaint list for sprint compared to tmobile's.)