PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 04:19 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All refurbs on back order??

My hubby broke my old 6700 that he was using. The screen is iffy on if it will work and the thumb stick is stuck in the unit. He took it to a repair center and they told him to come back tomorrow for a replacement. That was yesterday. He went back today and they said ALL ppc refurbs were on back order and it could be up to a week before more would be in.

Does anyone know what the standard course of action is at this point? Is he really going to have to wait that long for a refurb? Seems odd that there are NO refurbs what so ever.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 01-07-2009, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: All refurbs on back order??

Wow..that is really odd. I knew about Pro's and 6800's. That's the first I've heard of all ppc's. I know they do not do loaner phones, but it seems like under those circumstances they should do something or not charge your for your TEP. Kinda sucks to pay for insurance not to be able to use it.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:24 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Threadstarter

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level

Well, because we went to the repair center we will not have to pay the TEP... but I just found it amazing that there are NO refurbs of any kind. LOL
Old 01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I would ask for an upgrade if they cannot find a refurb. I know there are 6800 refurbs in stock because I just had one replaced at work through customer care. If you have not done so ask to speak to a manager. Be calm but a bit demanding.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Sprint | Advanced Exchange

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Krusty_47 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Well, because we went to the repair center we will not have to pay the TEP... but I just found it amazing that there are NO refurbs of any kind. LOL

Yeah at this point they shouldn't be giving you a 6700 at all they should give you at least a mogul if not a touch pro. More than likely if you hold out they'll give you the pro. totally worth the upgrade. Especially since HTC doesn't support the mogul or the 6700 any more.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

techsavvy is a n00b

has anyone had trouble with there touch pro. got mine in november and a week later i had to take it back, now im waiting on a new one again because it is something going on with it? i love the phone but i pay to much money for these new phones that dont work right.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:43 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Threadstarter

Husband went to another repair center and they are refusing to do anything for him except do an upgrade off of the retail price of whatever phone. They said he would have to go through the insurance because they have NOTHING comparable to the 6700.

So one store says everything is on back order and another says that there is nothing they will do but upgrade on the retail price. Meaning he could pay $300 for a samsung ace. LOL

I thought there was something about them having to do more than this at the repair center. All it was was a big sales push. This is crazy.

I am trying to get him to save the frustration and just go through the insurance and the $50... but he is so ticked at how ridiculous the repair centers I don't know if he will.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if it a dealer and not corporate, they wont upgrade out of the store because of reimbursement issues. Find a corp service center or soon to be "Device Support Centers" and they should swap to a comparable model in stock. Thats part of the S&R guidelines.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
if it a dealer and not corporate, they wont upgrade out of the store because of reimbursement issues. Find a corp service center or soon to be "Device Support Centers" and they should swap to a comparable model in stock. Thats part of the S&R guidelines.
That is just it. He was at a corporate store. They flat out refused. Saying that since he has the 6700 that they had NOTHING comparable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions