PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Has your carrier ever charged you for an outside vendor bill?
Sprint, yes they have 48 68.57%
AT&T 1 1.43%
T Mobile 2 2.86%
Verizon 13 18.57%
Alltel 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WARNING, thumbplay

This problem is very easy to avoid, read the fine print. Do the ringtones on these sites even work for WinMo phones?

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 12-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started

There are several companies out there that have similar tactics. I had a text message sent to me with like a daily horoscope and BAM 9.99 a month charge. Lucky i check my damn bill like a hawk. Just think of how many people out there never check to see where the charges are coming from.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rufio1969 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
SPRINT did??? I went down there and showed my disappointment that they could even allow this to happen to there clients(I would never bill to my clients for some other business) and they said they have absolutely nothing to do with this and wouldn't refund.
You know what I forgot who I called. But I'm pretty sure it was Sprint because the account was credited what she was charged. I doubt the company would have done that.

Also I made sure my sister never signed up for that **** again. She swears they just started coming, but whatever. After that they stopped sending the texts and she was never charged again.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Lurker

mbiondo is a n00b

I came across your posting this morning and wanted to offer my assistance. Feel free to call our 24/7/365 Customer Care @ 877-848-6299 or drop me a line. I'm confident that I can resolve this for you. Thumbplay offers a great service and if you are not completely satisfied we'll provide you a full refund. Hope to chat with you soon.

Michael Biondo
Thumbplay
Senior Director Customer Operations
646-808-1536
Old 12-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Very brave thing you did there Michael.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
Very brave thing you did there Michael.
lol, very brave indeed..

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 12-09-2008, 01:21 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Since no one's said it yet...

What? People actually fall for that crap?

I've you're no stranger to current multi-media, you should know that NOTHING is free. lol
Old 12-09-2008, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Since no one's said it yet...

What? People actually fall for that crap?

I've you're no stranger to current multi-media, you should know that NOTHING is free. lol
Lol

I second thee! People nowdays fall for these all the time.....

BTW Michael

Can you actually give us an insight on why this actually happens? there's definitely something that doesn't check out.......

TK

Old 12-09-2008, 05:13 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbiondo View Post
I came across your posting this morning and wanted to offer my assistance. Feel free to call our 24/7/365 Customer Care @ 877-848-6299 or drop me a line. I'm confident that I can resolve this for you. Thumbplay offers a great service and if you are not completely satisfied we'll provide you a full refund. Hope to chat with you soon.

Michael Biondo
Thumbplay
646-808-1536
your business is despicable. Just my opinion have a nice day

Old 12-11-2008, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbiondo View Post

Michael Biondo
Thumbplay
646-808-1536
While on one hand I can't agree with this billing as a business practice, apparently it is more than exceptable in the industry and is seen as a valid way individuals can make purchases with their phone easily. Sprint refunded me after calling customer care. In either case I admire any business that is willing to stand by their product and this post by Michael is not "brave", it's professional quality, thanks.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions