PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Has your carrier ever charged you for an outside vendor bill?
Sprint, yes they have 48 68.57%
AT&T 1 1.43%
T Mobile 2 2.86%
Verizon 13 18.57%
Alltel 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Re: WARNING, thumbplay

i seriously doubt this is carrier based ok.. its probably thumbplay moreso than anything. i dont see a carrier charging a 10 fee for a free ringtone intentionally, worse case scenario.. call them an have em take it off your bill, sheesh

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

Just dial #2 from your phone. Listen to the recorded message and, when "Claire" prompts you to tell why your calling, say "cancel service". This should connect you to retentions and they have the authority to do much more than store reps or regular phone reps. Just calmly tell them your story and let them know you are ready to cancel your service if they can't fix this. They should be able to help you.

The following are direct numbers for retentions (unless they've been changed recently):
888-211-4727 - recorded message, then retentions
866-235-1185 - no wait time

If that doesn't work try the special line set up for Consumerist.com: 703-433-4401. It's an executive Sprint Customer Service area. You should get a case number assigned and a direct number to call back your assigned rep.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dtndvm; 12-08-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
Just dial #2 from your phone. Listen to the recorded message and, when "Claire" prompts you to tell why your calling, say "cancel service". This should connect you to retentions and they have the authority to do much more than store reps or regular phone reps. Just calmly tell them your story and let them know you are ready to cancel your service if they can't fix this. They should be able to help you.

The following are direct numbers for retentions (unless they've been changed recently):
888-211-4727 - recorded message, then retentions
866-235-1185 - no wait time

If that doesn't work try the special line set up for Consumerist.com: 703-433-4401. It's an executive Sprint Customer Service area. You should get a case number assigned and a direct number to call back your assigned rep.

Hope this helps.
that certainly isnt necessary, you shouldnt call retentions everytime you have a minor issue with your bill, that is what customer service is for, ive done it several times. its not like they will say no to an issue such as this, actually.. ive never been told no thus far (knocks on wood). once i said (lied) that there was no way i used all of my minutes already and they gave me a bonus 150 minutes on my plan for the next three months.. so jus call CS and they will get you situated
Old 12-08-2008, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phidong is becoming a great contributor

This happened to my friend. He called sprint and they credited his account.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

hd_08 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
SPRINT did??? I went down there and showed my disappointment that they could even allow this to happen to there clients(I would never bill to my clients for some other business) and they said they have absolutely nothing to do with this and wouldn't refund.
Sprint charged us a couple of times but it took only one phone call for them to credit us the money back.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Heads up, this isn't just cell phones. But instant texting makes it easier. This can happen on your home phone line as well. Buyer beware, read the fine print, no such thing as a "free" lunch, etc. Don't blame Sprint or any other carrier. YOU had to initiate it.

Important part is, you caught it early and fixed it (hopefully) and learned a very valuable lesson.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
Heads up, this isn't just cell phones. But instant texting makes it easier. This can happen on your home phone line as well. Buyer beware, read the fine print, no such thing as a "free" lunch, etc. Don't blame Sprint or any other carrier. YOU had to initiate it.

Important part is, you caught it early and fixed it (hopefully) and learned a very valuable lesson.
well put sir, i thank thee, couldnt have said it better myself lol
Old 12-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
Just dial #2 from your phone. Listen to the recorded message and, when "Claire" prompts you to tell why your calling, say "cancel service".
Hope this helps.
Clair: Hello, you have reached sprint. How may I be of as....

Customer: Cancel Service.

Clair: Ok, your service has been canceled. Thank you for have chosen Sprint. Goodbye.

Customer: WTF just happened here?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Clair: Hello, you have reached sprint. How may I be of as....

Customer: Cancel Service.

Clair: Ok, your service has been canceled. Thank you for have chosen Sprint. Goodbye.

Customer: WTF just happened here?
lmao, that would be hilarious if that actually happened.. serves em right
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Always ALWAYS read the fine print.

Make your own ringtones. If you need a particular one, ask here. We can hook you up without the monthly charges

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions