PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Has your carrier ever charged you for an outside vendor bill?
Sprint, yes they have 48 68.57%
AT&T 1 1.43%
T Mobile 2 2.86%
Verizon 13 18.57%
Alltel 6 8.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WARNING, thumbplay

Quote:
Yeah I hate companies like that. Case in point: Classmates.com. I never signed up, but a friend did, and she got a free 3 month package. Only problem was, after 3 months she kept getting a $15 per month charge with no way to cancel it or contact classmates.com. On top of ALL of that, in the 3 months she had it, she never found ANYONE LOL

Be weary of any company on the internet that you've never heard of. You can check consumerAffairs.com for any complains on pretty much anything. (lol look at the complaint list for sprint compared to tmobile's.)
Thanks for this. I can see this if you gave them a CC but when you believe that they have no way of charging you and your CARRIER acts as the collection agency!?!?! well screw that, they just became my enemy! I am probably one of the few who have liked sprint and had good service till NOW.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

hempy is just getting started

Try calling customer service instead of going to a Sprint store. In my experience in dealing with them, the store employees are often much less informed and are more inclined to lie to you rather than take the time to help you with a problem. I've been lied to numerous times at corporate stores, and witnessed many more. This isn't to say that CSRs don't do it as well, but I find I have more luck calling customer service or emailing ecare than actually going in person.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

fat boy, call sprint. ive also had this problem more than once and they creditted my acc. one of the credits was 32$ not cheap. im telling ya, theyll help. call them though, dont ask the idiots at sprint store. post back with results. goodluck p.s like the new avatar.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

These are Premium SMS charges and they're exceptionally common. I credit them constantly, and you can always opt out by sending "STOP" (without the quotes) back to the shortcode they're coming from.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
You may be right, but never happened to me before or with any other carrier and none of my family(extended) had this happen with thier carriers either.
I did CS for tmobile for a bit, this was extremely common, and boy oh boy were the customers pissed when we couldn't refund their money.

I seriously thought this thread was going to be about a texting injury or sex-play involving thumbs
Old 12-08-2008, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
I seriously thought this thread was going to be about a texting injury or sex-play involving thumbs
lmao, and fell off my chair.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
Thanks but this isnt a thread saying I need ringtones, its a warning to noobs or the unexpecting that there is a scam that Sprint complies with.

I've canceled but they can still get away with ten or twenty bucks before you know it.
Hey man, I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it or anything. I was just saying people should really make their own instead of "texting ringtone to 34234." I wasn't talking about you specifically. I hate those stupid ads.

And I would suggest calling customer service instead. They seem to be more helpful when you talk to them calmly.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The Pro 2.0

Ovendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuffOvendoor knows their stuff

Ultimately, Sprint SHOULD not be responsible for these charges....

There are hundreds of unethical companies out there that take advantage of people in this fashion. I work at a corporate store for Sprint and although these charges are showing up on your bill, another company is providing you with a service. People intentionally or even unintentionally sometimes sign up for these ringers, horoscopes, jokes, etc. and wanna get pissed at Sprint about it. A call and credit from CS or from the store is only a band-aid, you will continue to incur these charges unless you them cancelled. Contact this 3rd party company directly or reply with "stop" or "cancel" when you receive one of their notifications.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hey man, I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it or anything. I was just saying people should really make their own instead of "texting ringtone to 34234." I wasn't talking about you specifically. I hate those stupid ads.
I didnt take it negitive thats why I said thanks, but I wanted the thread to stay on track with my complaint.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I never ,EVER, put my phone number for anything free online. Its similar to fishing.heheheh Once they hook you with a free temptation..... and you biite.... you pay the price.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions