PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 01:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
Device availability GSM vs CDMA

In the US Sprint and Verizon have wonderful networks in general and their flagship products that are about to be released are using technology that has been available to GSM users in dozens of devices for at least a year or more.

Can anyone explain the huge selection of powerful and feature packed GSM devices vs the barely acceptable selection of CDMA products in comparison?

I would post a link here for pdadb showing the contrast between devices but this is a new account and I can't at the moment, but just look at the recently released O2 XDA Flame vs the upcoming Verizon XV6800, its a Joke!

Anyways, I would be glad to know why CDMA users can't have access to such a powerful device just like GSM users and I want to know what the consumer can do to help narrow the gap.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions