PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700 and Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Millz-Mal91 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Millz-Mal91
Full Optimization?

Ok honestly I love my phone and all the things I can do to it but I honestly believe I would trade it all for a faster system. I want to know is there anyway to fully optimize my 6.1. Like I have the overlocker but it seems like it just kills my phones speed, I just want speed . Any ideas?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Full Optimization?

Install a custom ROM that has a smaller memory footprint then the official WM 6.1.. There is really nothing much you can do to the stock WM 6.1 ROM to increase the speed that much... There are a lot of custom ROM's out there that are lighting quick.. Be sure to unlock your device before you install a custom ROM
Old 11-24-2008, 08:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Millz-Mal91 is a n00b

Not sure what u mean lol, sorry Im like an advanced n00b at this. Thus far Ive only been able to put together a w6.1 rom using the build os and as far as unlocking Im not entirely with you there lol
Old 11-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Unlocking means being able to run your own custom ROM on your phone.. ROM includes the Operating System (WM 6.1), all the programs you use, and basically everything that makes your phone run.. If you want to unlock your 6700, check out the 6700 forum..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Search and if you can't find an answer to your question, post a new thread... I do not know much about your phone... So I recommend asking people in that forum..
Old 11-24-2008, 09:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Millz-Mal91 is a n00b

Oh well in that case Ive done that, when you said unlock I thought u were referring to the radio on the Apache... But I used Build OS version 9.05 to flash my Apache and I built a 6.1 custom rom (Id give u the exact build but that usually shows up in the updater)....but yea optimization
Old 11-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Big MVP Diesel

lol.. If you are running your own Custom ROM, then I do not know much else for you to do... I would post your question in the Apache forum.. That way it will get viewed by more people.. If you have the money, I would recommend upgrading to a HTC Touch Pro, if possible in your situation... It is much faster then the Apache or the Titan.. Unless you can get the source code to WM 6.1, there really isnt much more optimization I believe that can be done, at least that can be applied to the Apache platform..
Old 11-26-2008, 07:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Millz-Mal91 is a n00b

yea I figured as much, its all good tho, this is technically my real first smart phone, I mean the treo I couldnt really do much with, the Apache gave me the crash course. Im really looking at the Samsung Omnia tho, can you say iPhone murderer

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions