PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Awesome Stereo Bluetooth Headset for Active People or Even Just Sitting at Your Desk

I just recently purchased the Jaybird JB-200M headset which comes with a 2nd generation Jaybird headset and a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter.

This device is absolutely AMAZING!

It was originally designed to be submersible in water as a swimmer's wireless headphones, but the creator decided to add a microphone to make it usable as a bluetooth headset

It's a very simplistic design, consisting of left and right earpieces connected by a cord that goes behind your neck comfortably with enough slack to make any sort of extreme head movement necessary and not have to worry that they're going to fall out of your ears.

-------------------------------------------------

The Jaybirds can be synced up one of four ways:

1) They can be synced up solely for the purpose of calls to any bluetooth enabled phone.

2) They can be synced up to a media enabled phone to make calls and listen to music (While listening to music, if a call comes in, the music will pause to let you take the call and when you take/ignore the call, when the call is finished, the music picks up right where you left off)

3) One of the transmitters (ipod adapter or 3.5mm adapter) can be plugged into a source and synced with the Jaybirds just to listen to music

4) Or you can sync up both an adapter and a phone at once. So let's say you have an iPod with all your music on it. You can sync the iPod to your phone using the iPod transmitter, and then also sync your phone to the jaybirds to take calls (which will also pause and then resume your music when the call is finished)

The Jaybirds have three multi-function buttons on the right side of the headset which serve the purpose of play/pause, previous track/volume down, and next track/volume up. To change the volume, you hold the button down, and to change tracks it's just a quick press.

Depending on which package you order, you will get a minimum of:

x1 Jaybird 2nd gen headset
x4 extra ear buds
x1 charging dock
x1 charging cable
x1 A/C adapter

If you get the "m" package, you will also get a 3.5mm adapter, the "i" package you'll get an iPod adapter and the "im" you will get both.

The iPod adapter draws power directly from the iPod so there's no need to
charge it, however the 3.5mm adapter has its own specific slot in the charging dock right in front.

Let me say that this headset is pure genius. It fits very well, and while it may get slightly uncomfortable at times, a quick little readjustment remedies the problem. And once seated properly, no amount of rolling, sliding, tumbling, impact, or shaking of any kind will remove them unless something catches the cord and they're snagged off your head (highly unlikely).

I found the sound quality to be quite decent. I listen to a variety of music, including quite a bit of bass-filled tunes. The jaybird had no problem with supplying my needs.

One thing you may not like is when a call comes in, it switches from stereo music to mono headset on the leftside. This is because the microphone is on the rightside piece and the developers wanted to eliminate any possibility of feedback.

The headset holds up WONDERFULLY against sweat and water. I went on a run in the rain just yesterday for about 2 hours, when I got home I was drenched, so was the headset. I wiped these bad boys off, put em back in my ears, and started listening to music from my Titan while I was cooking dinner in the kitchen.

Battery life is excellent, considering the size and discreetness of this headset, at a whopping 6 full hours of music streaming.

Just to give you an idea of how sleek this design is and how unnoticeable they are when you wear them, here's some pics of them in action

(Pics were taken using my mogul )

I wore these to school ALL day today, listening to my music while I was doing work, and NObody noticed I was wearing them until I pointed it out to them.

At that point they would say something like, "Wow! Those are really cool! Where did you get 'em?"

And so I would tell them

www.jaybirdgear.com

Overall I've found the Jaybird JB-200m to be a FANTASTIC headset for every day use, both indoor and outdoors.

Go drop by Jaybird's store and pick you up a pair today. I HIGHLY recommend it.

www.JayBirdGear.com

Last edited by lightninjay; 05-06-2009 at 03:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

feldhege is a n00b
Re: Awesome Stereo Bluetooth Headset for Active People

I wear glasses. Is it possible to to with these on? If you don't wear glasses, can you wear sunglasses with them?

Robb
Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)
Threadstarter

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Re: Awesome Stereo Bluetooth Headset for Active People

Yes, I also did that test as well! They are so sleek that glasses, sun glasses, and just about any other piece of head gear you can think of, will fit with them on and be comfortable as they usually would be.

They really are low profile and I haven't had a single problem with them.

I even managed to put them on under a ski hat, helmet, goggles, and turtle neck while I was shredding down the slopes of Colorado on a snowboard while listening to my music on my Titan at the time.

I love this little device and will support it whole-heartedly. It's really worth the money.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions