PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reporting phone lost... Then finding it?

Disclaimer: I am just wondering how the issue would be handled... I'm not asking because I want to try this

Anyway, does anyone know what would happen if you lost your phone, called Sprint, payed the $50 deductible, got a new one, and later found your phone?

I find it hard to believe that this hasn't happened before...
Old 10-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro,Mogul,Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

junior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuffjunior1234 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to junior1234
Re: Reporting phone lost... Then finding it?

The insurance company would want the new phone back...its better if old one stays lost. Even if someone initially was able to activate the old one it probably would end up in database and YOUR new phone will be cut off. At least thats how alltel does it . This happened to a friend of mine and it took him a lot of talking to get his service restored even though the old phone was activated on a different carrier.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Disclaimer: I am just wondering how the issue would be handled... I'm not asking because I want to try this

Anyway, does anyone know what would happen if you lost your phone, called Sprint, payed the $50 deductible, got a new one, and later found your phone?

I find it hard to believe that this hasn't happened before...
I believe that the ESN number will be reported as lost and will not allow that phone to be activated. I guess if you get into that situation, just ask them when you order your replaement about what to do if you find your old phone. They may want the new phone back, they may want the old one, they may not care at all.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Ah thanks for the response.

I was ask becuase:

Don't you think there are people out there that would pay $50 to get another $600 phone that works? [without the service, but you can use skype to make calls... or just use it as a regual PDA]

IDK... I just thought it was a bit strange
Old 10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Ah thanks for the response.

I was ask becuase:

Don't you think there are people out there that would pay $50 to get another $600 phone that works? [without the service, but you can use skype to make calls... or just use it as a regual PDA]

IDK... I just thought it was a bit strange
I suppose they could do that, and there are people who pay the $7 a month for years and never make a claim, so I'm sure that nobody is losing money. Plus they also take a risk by doing that. Say they get their phone and make a claim a month later and now have their phone and a pda they sell/give away/keep for a pda, then 6 months later they get pushed into a pool with their phone in their pocket. It will be another 6 months before they can get their phone replaced (my understanding is one replacement claim in 12 months) and even if they kept the old one, it cannot be activated.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hp
Carrier: sprint

ofgorsi is a n00b

Actually they would just want you to send the old one to them if you do find it. Sometimes believe it or not the phone's esn does not get reported lost or stolen and can still be activated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions