PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible PPC-6x00 Owner, Educate Me.

Its about time for me to upgrade from my sanyo 5600(sprint) to something more pc-like. Wi-fi, prefer touchscreen, evdo or broadband, carrierless gps or good onboard gps, popout keyboard, upgradable rom and os, highly tweakable and customizable, use as a modem, fast browser/internet, mp3 player, great camera quality, etc.. Everything im looking to want is pointing to the 6700 or 6800.

But i need some of you, who have delt with this scene, to sell me onto a ppc! And why i should get one

Im kinda stuck between waiting on the 6800 or going ahead and buy the 6700 in hopes of a cheap upgrade deal with sprint to the 6800.
I read somewhere that the 6700 is not being sold anymore? Is this true?

In the midst of all these new phones coming out, something about these ppc's are catching my attention.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
I don't know how much we need to sell you on a 6x00. Everything you listed above should be enough to make anyone wanna switch. If you get a 6700 now I don't think you can just trade it in and get a cheap upgrade when the 6800 comes out. If you already have a contract w/ sprint you'll need to buy it outright, which is probably the same as cutting off an arm and a leg to get it. I suppose you could get a 6700 and get insurance on it, then when the 6800 comes out have it get "stolen" or "lost" and they might send you a 6800 as replacement for $50. But, if you wanna get your fix now and customize the rom and tweak your device like mad then I'd look on ebay for a 6700 w/ a clean ESN. The 6800 is gonna be out soon (like in a few months) and I'm sure there are gonna be people who will figure out how to tweak it like we do w/ the 6700 but thats probably gonna take some time.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
im not on contract anymore, havent been for like a year now, LOL, and im grandfathered/business discounted.. So.. when i call them to order a phone and new plan i better have my shit straight so i can get a good plan/phone for a good price..

so yep, im kinda stuck on deciding to wait or go for it now..

i may even be able to trade the 5600 in for an upgrade discount, you think?

I was also thinking about how long it would take for user customizing the new 6800 safely and any issues that would follow.. So if i could get the 6700 cheaper than full retail i think it would be a good learner before going 6800.

i dunno, thats why im bringing it to you guys..
if i were to get either/or what cables and stuff must i make sure to have?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:04 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
I don't think you can trade in your old used phone for a discount on a new one? Anyone wanna verify this?

As far as how long it will take for people to customize the 6800, Who knows? We'll all just have to wait till it comes out and let the people that know what they're doing do their thing. It may take a couple weeks, it may take a couple months. Hard to say for sure, at least for me anyway. Colonel, luv2chill, anyone else, how do you think it will take?

You shouldn't have to worry about the cables or anything cuz they're included with the phone when you buy it. standard packaging as far as i know.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Personally, I would wait for the 6800. I think you would kick youself if you got a 6700 now right as the 6800 is coming out.

As far as the roms, I would imagine that custom roms should not take too long. Right now we are working on getting a rom dump. Hopefully we can have a custom rom done before the 6800 is even released.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions