PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

cbutters is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to cbutters
What to do before selling phone on ebay?

Hi,
I have a Touch Diamond coming, and I want to sell my Mogul (Titan) on ebay to recover some of the cost... My question is... what do I need to do to sell my old mogul on ebay? Obviously I will want to delete my information and contacts off of it... but do I need to clean out my phone's information that ties it to my sprint account? I see on ebay a lot of people talk about CLEAN ESNs What do I need to do to protect myself and provide the greatest value to potential buyers?

-Thanks
Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: What to do before selling phone on ebay?

This may seem kind of obvious, but wait until your Diamond arrives before putting your Mogul up on eBay. That way, your Mogul will be taken off your account and your # switched to the Diamond. You'll want to back up all your PIM data (contacts, calendar entries, notes, etc) and any documents. Do this via a backup program (SPB Backup is a good one) or Dashwire,or both. Your ESN (electronic serial number) uniquely identifies your device on a carrier's network. If a phone is reported lost/stolen, the ESN is blacklisted and that phone cannot be activated on a network. Conversely, a clean ESN is one that has not been reported lost/stolen and will allow it's associated phone to be used.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

And also, you have a long way to go before you can sell it here, but either eBay or craigslist are both good options, and before this, make sure that your contacts as well as your account are transferred to your new device. Then take the battery out of your Mogul right after account/contact transfer is successful and wait exactly 24 hours before the ESN of the Mogul is completely cleared before selling. And welcome to the site BTW.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 10-01-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cbutters is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to cbutters

Thanks to both of you for the info... Im not exactly new here, as I have been reading for years now, but it is my first post Thanks for the Welcome.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutters View Post
Hi,
I have a Touch Diamond coming, and I want to sell my Mogul (Titan) on ebay

If I where you, I would put it on Craig's list instead of ebay.

I had two extra verizon XV6800's that I wanted to sell last week, I put them on Cl & sold both of them within two hours of the listing going online.

~John
Old 10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
If I where you, I would put it on Craig's list instead of ebay.

I had two extra verizon XV6800's that I wanted to sell last week, I put them on Cl & sold both of them within two hours of the listing going online.

~John
Good idea, just in case the ESN is still in his account after the sale of the item for extra feedback (via mobile).
Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Diamondeyes is just getting started

I'm a noob here, but if you are selling on ebay, you should know that being a seller has changed quite a bit if using paypal. If you dont meet certain requirements when selling various items, cell phones being one, paypal will hold your funds and tell you to ship the item immediately. They can hold your funds for up to 21 days, unless they can prove shipment confirmation or if the buyer leaves feedback. So be careful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions