PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sprint Replacing Vogue and Moguls for free..... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38345)

ptfdmedic 09-23-2008 09:11 PM

Sprint Replacing Vogue and Moguls for free.....

I called today and was going to file a claim on my mogul and vogue cause batterys were getting old (and I thought new phones for $50 bucks each) and not holding charge as well. So I called the Assurian (SP?) to inquire about doing this and they said that anyone having electrical and/or mechanical problems are getting brand new phones for free. They are even over nighting them for free. So I am getting a brand new sealed in the box mogul and vogue fro free. I don't know why they are doing this and for how long but if anyone is having battery "Problems" you can get a new phone for free. I am not suggesting anyone commit fraud but they told me that battery issues and other mechanical issues qualify for free replacement...

Just thought I would share......

Whosdaman 09-23-2008 10:52 PM

Re: Sprint Replacing Vogue and Moguls for free.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptfdmedic (Post 430102)
I called today and was going to file a claim on my mogul and vogue cause batterys were getting old (and I thought new phones for $50 bucks each) and not holding charge as well. So I called the Assurian (SP?) to inquire about doing this and they said that anyone having electrical and/or mechanical problems are getting brand new phones for free. They are even over nighting them for free. So I am getting a brand new sealed in the box mogul and vogue fro free. I don't know why they are doing this and for how long but if anyone is having battery "Problems" you can get a new phone for free. I am not suggesting anyone commit fraud but they told me that battery issues and other mechanical issues qualify for free replacement...

Just thought I would share......

what is the number to this company again?

walla 09-23-2008 11:21 PM

You need to return your old phone, right? Folks, don't do it unless you think it's really justified. :)

stinkbud 09-24-2008 12:25 AM

my phone (touch) has a problem with the screen, I would love to get a new one.

Is it through sprint cust service or the warranty company?

Do I restore it to stock condition?

cp429 09-24-2008 09:04 AM

have you guys had problems with phone randomly going dead- been a new issue as of past month.. (have had since last dec..)

detroit_doug 09-24-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cp429 (Post 430894)
have you guys had problems with phone randomly going dead- been a new issue as of past month.. (have had since last dec..)

had that issue as well in the past it was also just randomly locking up the device as well - discovered it was the battery, had them swap it out and havent had an issue with it since - something about its a known issue where the quality of the voltage/amperage coming from it was stable so it would have issues the phone would just freeze or shut down thinking it was suddenly dead (not enough power in the cell)

Detroit Doug

FastRX8 09-24-2008 12:06 PM

I just called Asurion about this, and they said it would be $50 to replace.
I even mentioned that I heard some people getting them replaced for free since it's a
known issue, and they said, "Nope, it's $50 through us."

Maybe I'll try calling back and see if I get someone else.

Just to clarify, you told them that you had electrical issues? or battery issues?

mindfrost82 09-24-2008 12:10 PM

Asurion is the company Sprint uses if you have the additional warranty on your phone and you need a replacement (breaks, water damage, etc). You pay monthly for this insurance and there is a $50 deductible whenever you have to use it to get another phone (and its usually a refurb).

I've never heard of them replacing phones for free. That sounds like something Sprint would do if they're aware of an issue, not Asurion.

dabackwoodboy 09-24-2008 12:17 PM

yea thats what i was thinking and will i called it was confirmed there not doing any thing for free

boggsie 09-24-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 431152)
Asurion is the company Sprint uses if you have the additional warranty on your phone and you need a replacement (breaks, water damage, etc). You pay monthly for this insurance and there is a $50 deductible whenever you have to use it to get another phone (and its usually a refurb).

I've never heard of them replacing phones for free. That sounds like something Sprint would do if they're aware of an issue, not Asurion.

I believe that there is some type of qualification or circumstance which causes the $50 fee to kick in. In my case, I pay $7 per month and when I had my vogue replaced, I went to the sprint store and walked out with a refurb in around 45 minutes. There was no additional cost or fee involved.

Of course, it's always possible that the program has changed. It has been four months since I received my replacement.

Best regards,
-boggsie