PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch/Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

AlexDeGruven is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Replacing Vogue and Moguls for free.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I believe that there is some type of qualification or circumstance which causes the $50 fee to kick in. In my case, I pay $7 per month and when I had my vogue replaced, I went to the sprint store and walked out with a refurb in around 45 minutes. There was no additional cost or fee involved.

Of course, it's always possible that the program has changed. It has been four months since I received my replacement.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This is still the case if you have TEP. That's what TEP shields you from.

With TEP, if there is any non-repairable problem with your phone: You walk into the Sprint store (repair locations only), they evaluate it to see if it's repairable. If not, they unbox a new phone right there in the store.

The only time you need to pay anything with TEP is if there is major physical damage (phone in more than 3 pieces is the general rule I've heard) or water damage. In those cases, you file the claim with Asurion which carries the $50 deductible.

I did this 2 weeks ago when my touchscreen on my Vogue went south.

Last edited by AlexDeGruven; 09-24-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Had to finish my thought.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:11 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Sorry guys,

I called yesterday and I was prepared to pay $50 apiece and she told me it was free of charge for electrical and mechanical issues. I have a business account maybe thats why. She said "We value your business and right now we are waving the fee's for these two phones when there is electrical and or mechanical issues" (which in my case was battery issues) then she told me they would be brand new and overnighted. The way she explained it to me made me think that there was a known issue and they were not charging for replacement.

SHe told me that was how these issues were being handled. Maybe physical damage is different. I just thought I would share. Sorry if it was different for you guys, maybe I just got lucky.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:15 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDeGruven View Post
This is still the case if you have TEP. That's what TEP shields you from.

With TEP, if there is any non-repairable problem with your phone: You walk into the Sprint store (repair locations only), they evaluate it to see if it's repairable. If not, they unbox a new phone right there in the store.

The only time you need to pay anything with TEP is if there is major physical damage (phone in more than 3 pieces is the general rule I've heard) or water damage. In those cases, you file the claim with Asurion which carries the $50 deductible.

I did this 2 weeks ago when my touchscreen on my Vogue went south.
I have TEP coverage and maybe I wasn't charged because there was no physical damage.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

I had a treo replaced thru Asurion b/c the "p" button was faulty - a known issue for treos (700wx). The company sent me a replacement for free b/c it was a known defect. It would seem to be the same with the Touch's defects too...
Old 09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

TizOnly1 is just getting started

If it's defects, you don't have to go through Asurion. You go straight to the carrier.

I used to work at VZW, and we used Asurion too. Any manufacturer defect gets handled in store. Asurion only kicks in with lost/stolen phones, water damage, or serious physical damage. Unless you can charm the tech (which really isn't hard at all).
Old 09-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800

m0n8 is a n00b

what info do i need?
i bought mine second hand
Old 09-24-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I called sprint today and mentioned that the connector is bad on my phone. There was no offer to replace the unit. They simply said that insurance is required and they cannot help me.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

pacha248 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp429 View Post
have you guys had problems with phone randomly going dead- been a new issue as of past month.. (have had since last dec..)
Yup same problem here and I was starting to drop calls more often, so I called sprint and I just recieved my Diamond in the mail today all I have to do is send back my touch. Even exchange. I also have had my touch since december.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just read that Asurion and Sprint are backing off the replacements as and from a couple voices I know at Sprint its mostly due to people just like us - modding and replacing ROMs and the like, when they get them back and the ROM isnt "standard" they have a hard time doing the repairs on them and the like

So it sounds from what Ive read they are making it harder to get the replacements - maybe if you just take ONLY the battery in to a nearby Sprint store and let them know the issue they might have one to swap out with ya

Detroit Doug

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions