PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: ******¡¡¡Free New Moguls!!!******

Weak, they sent me out a touch. I smokes the titan in speed but I need a full keyboard...
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bballsouth14 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Its damage from the LED backlight. The speculation is that its caused by vibration of the phone... but basically, one of the LEDs is burning too brightly and its shining through the LCD panel. Every Mogul I've had has gotten this thing...
Is that a valid reason for me to get a replacement phone?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballsouth14 View Post
Is that a valid reason for me to get a replacement phone?
White spots seem to win a free Mogul most of the time.

Sprint Touch Pro
MightyROM 4.16
Old 09-23-2008, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

isangmahal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawrhsdoc View Post
White spots seem to win a free Mogul most of the time.
Out here in my area, the shops say it is a "cosmetic" defect and won't allow me to exchange mine.

On the other hand, thanks for the info OP, I'm having trouble with my DPad as well as the keyboard.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangmahal View Post
Out here in my area, the shops say it is a "cosmetic" defect and won't allow me to exchange mine.

On the other hand, thanks for the info OP, I'm having trouble with my DPad as well as the keyboard.
didn't work for me either. Such a pain in the *** going to sprint also. Lines from hell.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:51 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

We have no lines out here... and yes, sometimes you can get a new Mogul for the white spot... its a cosmetic issue, yes, but its a WIDESPREAD issue... every Mogul I've ever gotten has had one develop and Sprint and HTC are both aware of the issue. Its a hardware defect and that white spot actually will hurt your eyes after using the phone for a decent amount of time...

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 09-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bballsouth14 is a n00b

I didn't put insurance on my plan during the 30 day period. Am I basically screwed out of getting a replacement? I have the white spot and I'm just wondering for the future.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

dont quote me, but I believe that if you can get them to accept it as a warranty issue and not an insurance issue you just gotta pay something like 35 bucks. but honestly it will be WAY more hassle than its worth. I would seriously just try calling a few times and adding TEP. if you get the right rep they will add it. just call and ask them to go over what all is on your plan, and when they are done be like "wait were is the insurance plan? I wanted that on it when I got the phone"
Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

dadoc04 is keeping up the good workdadoc04 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dadoc04 Send a message via Yahoo to dadoc04

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I would seriously just try calling a few times and adding TEP. if you get the right rep they will add it. just call and ask them to go over what all is on your plan, and when they are done be like "wait were is the insurance plan? I wanted that on it when I got the phone"
exactly!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangmahal View Post

Thanks are always appreciated! Glad to hear others are having success.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions